2002 Saleen Sc281

pbm.cc

Established Member
the Roushcharger is ported and i think the heat exchanger comes off the 03/04 cobras i know the Saleens have a 6 rib belt and the Roush cars have an 8 rib they also have the cobra fuel system including tank

so for me to get to that level I would need an 8 rib convertion, port it (what part, the lower? I plan on buying the TORK TECH inlet intake), and a better heat exchanger... plus the 2.65" pulley and fuel system?

I guess my main question is: is the lower the same as the Saleen's? just ported? I would love to have my Saleen in the same rwhp range as your Roush.

Sounds like I bought the worng car!:nonono:

pbm.cc

Established Member
can you post up a pic of your superchager,intake (upper and lower)? I cant seem to find any pics of it... google only shows up the new Roush charger.

ps: thanks for all the info... very helpful

pbm.cc

Established Member
one more thing... is the intercooler the same as the Saleen's? do the Roush one have the gaps around the Intercooler allowing hot air to go to the motor? or is it sealed of like the chicane forcing the air to go through the intercooler?

pbm.cc

Established Member
found an engine bay pic:

My20Roush20Classic20019.jpg

ok, so its driven by an individual crank pulley like the 03 cobra. there is basically no inlet intake... 8 rib... lower intake may not work with the S2 as the location of the intake is moved foward a tad so that it will use the individual pulley. I would love to use their lower intake if possible!

pbm.cc

Established Member
I found this one of the lower in the IV blower you cant really see the inside but the lower runners seem small.
SAL-10-1607-B11250-PIC1.jpg

In the roush the lower runners seem a bit bigger!
dang... I am kinda hating myself.
My20Roush20Classic20019-1.jpg

I broke my camera sorry no pics, i just got back from my shop QMS (Quater Mile Solutions) 832/618-4661 they said your blower is the older style and cannot make same power levels @ same boost as mine and i have the supporting mods that go with it (fuel sys, Cobra heat exchanger, 8 rib) all of which comes stock on my car i did some research before i bought mine and to be honest everyone i talk to sys i should have bought a Cobra but i dont like them i ended up paying way more for my car than a Cobra would have cost but i like the Saleens/Roush car a lot more @ the end of the day the Roush was a better car in my eyes not to say anything about other mustangs you may just have to work a bit harder thats all

pbm.cc

Established Member
I broke my camera sorry no pics, i just got back from my shop QMS (Quater Mile Solutions) 832/618-4661 they said your blower is the older style and cannot make same power levels @ same boost as mine and i have the supporting mods that go with it (fuel sys, Cobra heat exchanger, 8 rib) all of which comes stock on my car i did some research before i bought mine and to be honest everyone i talk to sys i should have bought a Cobra but i dont like them i ended up paying way more for my car than a Cobra would have cost but i like the Saleens/Roush car a lot more @ the end of the day the Roush was a better car in my eyes not to say anything about other mustangs you may just have to work a bit harder thats all

yeah... I mean I know that the Cobra is better but I am in love with the way the Saleen looks!!! I love it! I am happy with it and I know that a motor is just a motor but I just in 2002 I bought the weaker car, as in 03 the cobra came out and took over.

I have owned 3 cobra's and I am extremly happy with the Saleen. I just wanted to make the stock motor have BIGGER BALLS! :rockon:

pbm.cc

Established Member
I am leaning towards modding this motor that I have and saving for either a new short block, a used 03-04 cobra motor and tranny (if it clears my intercooled hood) or buying a built short block and upgrading chargers to either a KB or M119. I want to stay supercharged as the car is suppost to be s/c and tagged in the rear.

you know.

pbm.cc

Established Member
I have your 66mm pulley for you. I have no use for it. Gimme $55 and it's yours. I have a red anodized 2.8 on a ported and chromed by stiege m90.

I also have ordered the TT inlet (custom chromed of course) with their gigantinormous tb. Should be here this week or early next. Also you can just seal up your stock intercooler if you dont feel like spending 700 on the spearco (chicane) unit. There are massive gaps as they come stock. Also get an upgraded heat exchanger.

The actual intake manifold is the greatest restriction on these kits. If you can port the hell out of it the gains would be very noticeable. One guy did acid porting which looks like a pita but it gave him big results. I am going to need to pickup the mosaleen idler as i heard it works like a charm. Heat is not your friend with these things.

pm sent!:rockon:

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
When I bought my 2001 SC Saleen, it had a ported blower, comp cams, ported heads and a 66 mm chicane pulley. Car made 410RWHP at about 12 psi.

I later installed a 6 speed, built bottom, MPH heads and cams, KB 2.8h and make 660RWHP.

I recently bought a 2002 Saleen SC281, what good insight can you tell me on these cars? I noticed it has lowering springs, shocks and sturts, bigger sway bar in the front the SALEEN 13" brakes, borla cat back, the Supercharger and all the goodies inside as well as out I am missing the seats and the extreme package but I actually like the car the way it sits.

Are the internals forged? what is the most you can boost the S/C to? I think my boost gauge is messed up... it reads 7-8psi even when its off, but when I get on it it reads 15psi! I noticed that the intercooler in the bumper has fans... I dont think that they are coming on! when I drive the car I have seen the temp of the intercooler go as high as 180 degrees. where is the relays for those and has anyone had this problem before? could it be a fuse? I noticed that in the rear I have no big stabilizing bar nor bigger brakes? my gear ratio is 3.27... is that correct? shouldnt it be 3.55?

What would be the best mod to the car? I already put a MAC o/r xpipe and it sounds alot better with the Borla's. I noticed that it has like the sc281e intake tube ITS HUGE! but I dont think its pullied. It has a strut brace and caster camber plates (I think STEEDA'S). It has a B&M shifter and I guess that's it.

Last question... what would this car dyno stock?

here is a pic that I took last night of the engine bay with my phone:

PIC-0023.jpg

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread