2001 SVT Cobra VS 2003 Mach I

JoePac

Established Member
My Cobra with 4.10 gears, BBK CAI, UD pulleys, O/R H pipe, Catback, and shifter went 13.1@109mph. If I had had 4.30+ gears I would have been in the 12.5 range. This was with IRS and a 2.0 60' (tire limited).

How would you be able to pick up over half a secong in the quarter with just a swap from 4.10's to 4.30's? :bs:

DC97Cobra

Established Member
my friend and I keep going back and forth with racing each other and modding.

The mod list for his car was 4:56 gears, offroad x-pipe, weld in magnaflow mufflers, JLT RAI, Aluminum flywheel, Spec 3 clutch, Steeda underdrive pullies, and a short throw shifter.

With the mods my car has listed below, we would stay side by side till I got higher into the RPM. End result usually was me walking away.

He has since retuned the Mach, added longtubes, catted x-pipe, and switched to 3.73 gears. We are now side by side all the way. Whoever gets the jump is the winner. I will say that his car is also tuned for nitrous now so he should be pulling away if it was set up without.

Basically, the two are damn close. Machs get the jump and Cobras reel them in up top. If the two have similar mods, the one that has the better complete package will be the winner.

wma8706

Established Member
OMG...here we go again ..in a perfect world where all cars are built to exact spec....a perfect factory built mach1 vs a perfectally built 99-01 cobra with equally driver skillsl and in the identical track with identical temp conditions should generally edge out the 99-01 cobra in the 1/4 mile by 1-2 tenths.mostly due to the short comings of the cobra's stock IRS and the Mach's 3.55 gears vs cobra's 3.27. ( yes I do know the Machs have better heads and slightly higher compression and steeper gears with a solid rear which explains the better SOTP feel and better 60 ft and 1/8th time. The 99-01 cobras do have a slightly agressive cam ...which explains the top end pull when comparing both cars. With the average driver...it will always be a drivers race. With a professional driver ...the mach should edge out the 99-01 cobra most of the time.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Damn it...duped by a bump...

I will leave this horse dead as I found it.

Last edited:

DC97Cobra

Established Member
lols... got to pick on another Mach recently. I could share that story if ya'll want. :D

Users who are viewing this thread