2001 gt to 4v swap

RICH123Nick

Banned
Also do u think it might be my pats system ? I turned the key the guages turn all the way to the end and I get nothing ... I can't even hear the starter tick

The Dark Knight

Established Member
Also do u think it might be my pats system ? I turned the key the guages turn all the way to the end and I get nothing ... I can't even hear the starter tick

I'm confused. What's the issue? Does it crank but not start? Or does it not crank at all? The pats system will keep it from starting if there's a mis-match, but it'll still crank, just not start.

The Dark Knight

Established Member
It's not doing anything at all ... Its wont even crank .... Could it. Be because I have no grounding strap on my engine mount

Not sure if that would cause it, but the easiest way to check would be to put the grounding strap on it. It was there for a reason from the factory. Verify you have the starter connected correctly and the battery wire going to it is hot...

Jmccormick

TERMN8D
Established Member
The engine ground is a huge deal.

ground it and your issue will go away.

Get your own thread and more people might actually help you.

RICH123Nick

Banned
i ran a cable to the negative and tested my grounds on the engine and the frame ... my car keeps cranking but wont fire .... theres is fuel .. spark is there ... timing is correct .... but WAIT ... my guages all turn to the max when i turn the key ... so if the computer see that everything is in the red ... will it still start

Jmccormick

TERMN8D
Established Member
If your gauges are doing a sweep every time it means the cluster and PCM have lost power.

Somewhere you are losing power, either your battery is garbage or you have a ground issue.

RICH123Nick

Banned
so i did a compression test and i got nothing ... 0 ... im gunna rent another one and hopefully it works ,.... if not what do i do if i have no compression at all ?

Users who are viewing this thread