2001 Cobra vs 2004 Mach 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

shurur

Established Member
The 99 Cobras were the same seats as the GTs. The Bullitt, Machs, 01-04 Cobras have way more bolstering. IMHO

Does two women scissoring sound like an armpit farting contest?
Some folks besides me do not buy your BS.

Nope.. on the Mach seats.

Clearly they are gt seats with new skins..And you are arguing with or "informing" someone who actually sat in the seat!!?

Last edited:

shurur

Established Member
So let's review what sucks about the 99 cobra, because this is what this thread essentially has become...by my direction if you will.

So the 99 Cobra is not a Valid mustang Cobra by all implied posts..
And it has nothing unique and redeeming about it in and of itself, by all implied posts.

The 99 MUSTANG GT, V6 AND COBRA (as proudly proclaimed on their bumpers) is apparently nothing anyone (most) wants , except myself and maybe a few fellow 99 Mustang Cobra SVTP posters might chime in or dare to chime in (finally) now..in what is the SVTP Newdege Cobra forum..99 Newedge cobras included..for now...for now..

That is the underlying premise or now trajectory of the original post..IMHO....not at all HUMBLE.

Start your list now..you all want this...please shit on the 99 Cobra in the SVTP Newedge Cobra Forum!!
Maybe the Terminator folks will take the time to pile-on with their nose-heavy beasts.

Or maybe just delete the 99 cobra from the SVTP forums altogether, even though it was and is the best F/R weight balanced mustang of its time.

We happy few may find another home elsewhere.

Last edited:

Recon

Established Member
How about buy what makes you happy, and don’t give two shits about what other people think.
First Cobra I’d purse is an Electric Green Cobra; due to 00R being out of reach now. The color is great and only comes on one Cobra.
I have 3 3V’s and I’m fully aware of the hate those cars get. I bought them because I like them, and that’s the only reason I need to justify my purchase. I don’t buy things for the approval of others; if it appeals to me then that’s good enough for me. My response to any negativity towards my cars is, it’s a good thing I didn’t buy it for you.
There’s always better cars out there, just buy what you like. If people don’t like your car then it’s up to you to let that bother/get to you.

Sent from somewhere in the twilight zone…

shurur

Established Member
How about buy what makes you happy, and don’t give two shits about what other people think.
First Cobra I’d purse is an Electric Green Cobra; due to 00R being out of reach now. The color is great and only comes on one Cobra.
I have 3 3V’s and I’m fully aware of the hate those cars get. I bought them because I like them, and that’s the only reason I need to justify my purchase. I don’t buy things for the approval of others; if it appeals to me then that’s good enough for me. My response to any negativity towards my cars is, it’s a good thing I didn’t buy it for you.
There’s always better cars out there, just buy what you like. If people don’t like your car then it’s up to you to let that bother/get to you.

Sent from somewhere in the twilight zone…
Like what you say..but you omitted the "we" in what "We buy"...

Please don't hate me..I am but poor white trash...who almost made it to the other side....

BUT **** assholes shitting in the '01 (and maybe 99 Cobra.. for now..until we all leave the SVTP Forum for good) Newedge Cobra forum...I am personally tired and triggered by folks shitting in my (our..we happy 99 cobra few's) only bed.

I am poor now..maybe "unlike" you...or maybe not..$$$.
There is nothing better than my Kelly...

"IMHO" SVTP is Brimming or breening with too many folks with rich-boy shit talk on my (our) 99 cars...and I am tired of fellow mustangers divorcing themselves from the venerable 99 Cobra.

I recognize your efforts to temper me and smooth things over. And I thank you...but **** them others.

The 99 cobra is far more than "a base car for mods." She is what started it ALL.

I say **** all the New Edge Cobra shit talkers and their IMHOs caveats..

DO NOT **** WITH MY COFFIN.

Last edited:

shurur

Established Member
New perspective:
The 99 MUSTANG COBRA is the only Newedge Cobra that is not ashamed to be called a Mustang Cobra..as proclaimed on its Bumper..with a very proud working class "Mustang."

**** the (your?) parts bin BS.
The Mustang is and will always be the folks car... especially the '99 Cobra.

When shit (rich) talkers **** with others cars..well...don't expect anything less.

Seriously..**** everyone else or other..your differentiating "us," has made it so..

Last edited:

shurur

Established Member
Roots-type posted to no one in particular..but "following" my post.
????

Roots-type: I "Police" my comments regularly...you initiated the "shit talk" not related to the forum......not me.

Last edited:

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Some folks besides me do not buy your BS.

Nope.. on the Mach seats.

Clearly they are gt seats with new skins..And you are arguing with or "informing" someone who actually sat in the seat!!?

I have a GT and a Mach 1, I have been in a 99, owned an 01 Cobra, and driven an 03.

But don’t take my word for it. Do a search and you will see that I am correct.

Don’t let your insecurities overwhelm facts.

shurur

Established Member
I have a GT and a Mach 1, I have been in a 99, owned an 01 Cobra, and driven an 03.

But don’t take my word for it. Do a search and you will see that I am correct.

Don’t let your insecurities overwhelm facts.

Clearly the seats are not different enough to note.
Yet you and others do.

Yes I am tired of the 99 Cobra being maligned...but still the Mach1 seats are not different enough to note...I still submit that your observations may be based on feelings as well, simply because the seats look different.

This is the SVT Newedge Cobra Forum.

Thank you for your response..as opposed to those from "others" who have taken the time to shit on the 99 and in the Newedge Cobras and their SVTP Forum.

Then there is the crap posted by Roots-type...and it is crap..

Last edited:

PC03GT

Established Member
Yet you and others do.

Yes I am tired of the 99 Cobra being maligned...but still the Mach1 seats are not different enough to note...I still submit that your observations may be based on feelings as well, simple because the seats look different.

Thank you for your response..as opposed to those from "others" who have taken the time to shit in the 99 Newedge Cobras.

Then there is the crap posted by Roots-type...
I think we can all agree that anyone here would take a Cobra over a 2v all day

shurur

Established Member
I think we can all agree that anyone here would take a Cobra over a 2v all day
But not a Mach or Terminator.....???
Some of us Love our Newedge Cobras..especially the 99..which started it all..with the IRS, tail lights, spoiler, front bumper...

For some of us, the Newedge Cobra is not some kind of consulation prize or a "base mod car"..

And there are plenty of folks who love their GTs..

This is the SVTP Newedge MUSTANG Cobra Forum...

Last edited:

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Yet you and others do.

Yes I am tired of the 99 Cobra being maligned...but still the Mach1 seats are not different enough to note...I still submit that your observations may be based on feelings as well, simply because the seats look different.

Thank you for your response..as opposed to those from "others" who have taken the time to shit in the 99 Newedge Cobras.

The seats are different enough that Ford notated it in literature, companies mention it in their products, that threads have been made on forums.

It was shitty that the 96-99 Cobras got the same seats as their GT counterparts.

Yes, it sucks the 99 Cobra had the same rear bumper as the GT.

Yes, I’d take a 99 Cobra over a 99-04 GT.

Don’t get so butthurt at us for stating the obvious. If you have beef, talk to Ford.

Otherwise, enjoy your car.

shurur

Established Member
The seats are different enough that Ford notated it in literature, companies mention it in their products, that threads have been made on forums.

It was shitty that the 96-99 Cobras got the same seats as their GT counterparts.

Yes, it sucks the 99 Cobra had the same rear bumper as the GT.

Yes, I’d take a 99 Cobra over a 99-04 GT.

Don’t get so butthurt at us for stating the obvious. If you have beef, talk to Ford.

Otherwise, enjoy your car.

Clever marketing for something that cannot really be verified. The difference is more religion that truth..IMO.

NO..I don't see the (MY) 99 MUSTANG Cobra rear bumper as a mistake as you do....I believe the 93 cobra was the same..Proud to be a MUSTANG...
Mine has the Black Gold MUSTANG Lettering..BUT you got your Mustang elitist dig in..

Sorry to see you think my MUSTANG is somehow less than yours...rear bumper and all.

This is why Mustang car shows and meets are shit to me now.

Enjoy your MUSTANG as well...obviously...and-or obliviously.

Last edited:

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Jeesh people. Chill lmao. I will say that I was out of the car scene for 20 years or so. Back just out of college I worked a short time for a blower manufacturer. I remember when the 99 Cobra came out and we did a kit for it. That thing was unobtainable beauty. Would love to have one with a centri on it. I was out of the game before the terminators so that new edge was the one.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Roots-type posted to no one in particular..but "following" my post.
????

Roots-type: I "Police" my comments regularly...you initiated the "shit talk" not related to the forum......not me.

Yet you and others do.

Thank you for your response..as opposed to those from "others" who have taken the time to shit on the 99 and in the Newedge Cobras and their SVTP Forum.

I don't even know what "following your post" is supposed to mean. That was the only comment I've even made here. But if those 4 letters sting that much, you're extremely on edge and either need to chill or go to smackdown and let that hate out! Goodluck though! Your shit talking is NOT up to par for this course.

shurur

Established Member
I don't even know what "following your post" is supposed to mean. That was the only comment I've even made here. But if those 4 letters sting that much, you're extremely on edge and either need to chill or go to smackdown and let that hate out! Goodluck though! Your shit talking is NOT up to par for this course.
Posted to no one..did you?

Now smack down threats..

Wow..

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
Wow... This thread sure took a turn. I own a 01 but have no problem saying a 03/04 is far more superior. Enjoy what you have.

shurur

Established Member
Jeesh people. Chill lmao. I will say that I was out of the car scene for 20 years or so. Back just out of college I worked a short time for a blower manufacturer. I remember when the 99 Cobra came out and we did a kit for it. That thing was unobtainable beauty. Would love to have one with a centri on it. I was out of the game before the terminators so that new edge was the one.
The 99 Cobra was a thing of beauty without a blower and the first Newdge Cobra.

No terminator forum would take this crap talk on their cars.

Now we have a clown threatening smackdown..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread