2001 Cobra feeler. If you like turns, enter

Maverick-4

Established Member
That's so messed up, why people gotta hate like that. I had a new tire on one of my cars slashed once and it really pissed me off but hey you built a nice ride man, really think about it before you let it go, it can be fixed!

Zemedici

Established Member
Just claim it on insurance brotha, vandalism. Pay your deduc and get new paint! Your premium on an 01 cobra shouldn't bee too much anyway so i bet the little hike wouldn't even be hardly noticeable. Car looks sick and I bet handles like its on rails. I say keep it.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
You need to take a step back for a few days and reevaluate what you're doing.

Make an insurance claim for vandalism and have it fixed.

TMoney

Established Member
Keep it. I was in a similar position in March. Car got a full respray and I paid $300 deducible. My premium per month went from 84$ to 90$ and the insurance claim was 3800$
I paid a bit extra on top for some minor things I needed painted, but it turned out mint.
It'll put fuel back into the fire believe me.... IF you do decide to part it out PM ME LOL :beer:
But to me this is a no-brainer!

jacker1991

Established Member
Don't make an emotional decision man, she is hot. Take a few days and listen to what everyone else has said.

Please...someone delete this thread, stop this madness. :(

snakeraper11b

Established Member
I have a $500 deductible and every place I go for an estimate seems to think because it's an "01 mustang" it's a pos....I got a quote today from a recommended shop for $2300 and they just want to blend it....Long story short I don't think this situation will end in my favor.

No one wants some sick prices on some basically new bad ass parts? PM me your offers and what you want.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Find a good shop and get it sprayed.

+1 fast as you can, and get back to the mods! That's a beautiful Cobra! Don't let the MF scum that damaged your car win.

Don't mean to go all Ward Cleaver on ya', but if everyone just kept "the cool cars", Boss 9, 68 Shelby, 93 Cobra, 03-04 Terminator, 69 Mach I, car shows would suck. It's the historical variety of Mustangs since '65 that make it all work. Even the Mustang II's, that's what society dictated at that time.

Hell, I own two POS's - An 01' Cobra and an 01' Bullitt. Love 'em both, some of the best sounding stock Mustangs ever made IMO. Most people have absolutely no idea what they are looking at and that's what I dig. They'll never ever be collector cars, and that's perfectly fine with me. I know what they are.

Now, get back on the horse!

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're emotionally upset and I totally understand. But you've put a lot of time and money into that car and it is fixable. You have a $500. deductible. File a claim with your insurance and tell your agent you want it fixed right. Then find a shop that will treat your car with respect and fix it properly. When you get it back.....you'll be smiling again. Don't dump your car over the damage done by some classless idiot. Take a deep breath, relax, and then after you're settled down make your final decision. I'd just hate to have to look back in a couple of months and wish you had kept it. JMO.

That's awful.

So what's the rest of the story? It seems that these 'keying' incidents don't seem to just randomly happen out of the blue, so to speak.

Have you taken or been trying to steal someone's woman?

Have you been threatening neighbors or ripping on the car past their home or while their kids are on the street?

Have you taunted anyone locally and used your Terminator as a penis pride/extension to shame them?

Not that any of these things justify a 'keying' but I would like to hear about your suspicions of who is behind this? Seriously though.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I have a $500 deductible and every place I go for an estimate seems to think because it's an "01 mustang" it's a pos....I got a quote today from a recommended shop for $2300 and they just want to blend it....Long story short I don't think this situation will end in my favor.

No one wants some sick prices on some basically new bad ass parts? PM me your offers and what you want.

if the factory paint is in good enough shape all it needs is to be blended.

Gabriel05

Are you still parting it out? If so can you message me I'm new to this so don't know how to work it yet. I'm interested in the front bumper

Users who are viewing this thread