Votes: 33 70.2%
  • 2002 VIPER GTS FINAL EDITION

Votes: 14 29.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yellow unicorn

Established Member
HI GUYS
I NEED TO MAKE A CHOICE FOR ANOTHER TOY CAR.
IT WILL BE FOR SUNDAY DRIVINGS AND OUTINGS.
BOTH CARS ARE PRICED THE SAME, 1 OWNER, MINT CONITION AND VERY LOW MILEAGE.
WHAT DO U GUY'S THINK?
THANKS
:rockon:

Last edited:

Luckybob2485

Established Member
Viper without a doubt. Even though the Cobra R's are rare, mustangs are everywhere. Its not often i see a viper. And with that V10, it would be an easy choice for me.

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
All I know is that if I had a chance to buy a mint condition 2000 R, I would jump on it.

You can always get a Viper..

rwhite

Banned
Jeff and I took my 2000R to a huge monthly car enthusiast get together yesterday (Cars and Coffee™ Dallas) and there were many dozens of Ferrari’s, Lambo's, Maserati's, Vipers, etc. etc. etc. along with the usual Vette’s old and new and Mustangs old and new. There were some odd varieties (a old right hand drive VW from Australia with those odd looking turn signal arms), but only one 2000R. We got a lot of looks and the usual questions like: "Is it real?" (they answered their own question when they say the engine! :lol1:) or "I have never seen one in person". I would say we had a good turn out around the R and one of the event officials even thanked us from bringing it out.

My highlight of the day was seeing a real 1964 427 Cobra. The owner said he drives it often on weekends. I think I would just drive it up and down the driveway! :thumbsup:

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
I have to agree with rwhite above. I have taken R 155 to a ton of large car meets, and been the only 00R in attendance. Meanwhile, there are a few Vipers scattered through the lot. An R always seems to draw attention.. even in the presence of more exotic rides. :rolling:

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
Viper hands down better cruiser IMO and has a radio. If you are going to buy a car like an R (Track car) please use it as one. Dont just let a purposely built race car sit in a garage somewere like the majority of them do.

Last edited:

yellow unicorn

Established Member
thanks guys
the 00R was my first and only choice until i came upon an extra mint condition 2002 viper gts FE.
both cars have under 1000 miles by the way.

but the viper body curves, aggressive look and that massive V10 engine i cannot shake off.

:??:

95PGTTech

Established Member
it sounds like you have already made your choice.
I agree with one comment already made - please buy the viper if you are only going to use this car a few miles a year to cruise and show. the R is a purpose built track car, meant to be beat on, raced, gutted, caged, etc.

bret a ewing

Established Member
Tough decision and great comparison, both cars are very capable. Chin spoilers will suffer on either if driven long enough hehe.

Ford factory race car vs...........

The viper which does not have a fuel cell or as complicated a rear diff. Rare, I believe they only made around 300 of the final editions - red/white of course. It has stereo, A/C and more sound deadening material. More horsepower and torque, bigger wheels and tires and batmobile styling.
Yep I would absolutely buy the 2000R.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I would buy the R. There are fewer of them available for purchase opportunites. A few years down the road you will still be able to find a good deal on one of the many Vipers that will be available. Then you will have both.

Users who are viewing this thread