2000 GT 3V swap

badblacklx

Established Member
exactly i am a smart guy and i do shit right the first time. i was dead on talking about 280ish stock because when i tell people my numbers i talk about rwhp. i never talk fwhp because that is bs. it is a nice swap but if you ever make any numbers you will wish you took the time to at least put some better rods in it and hopefully pistons too. and if your going to be getting into turbos wouldnt it have been smarter to spend a few extra bucks and do this the first time around. so before you get all defensive look at the big picture of what you want to do with the car and take peoples advice on doing it right the first time.

Douche bag much?

19935.slow

Established Member
how is it dumb? if your going to build something do it right the first time and 03-04 cobras and gt500's are the only motors worth a shit unless your going to do a complete rebuild.

That's a light chassis. With any ots blower or turbo kit that car would easily run 10's at 125 mph or so I'm sure. Plenty of s197 cars trapping 120 with just vortechs and paxtons. What did your gt500 or cobra run since your preaching do it right the first time. I hope to god you say 9's at 140 plus.

Modmotor4life

Established Member
Like i have said before, its my car and i like the way it is..This is the only thing that matters to me..I only wanted to share my exhaust for others to listen too. I didnt want this to turn into a it should have been done this way thread.

02SVTV6

Established Member
why oh why would you waste the time on a 3 valve motor if its stock! always baffles me. if it was a 3 valve that was built and had a big power adder ok then but a stock one is barely 280 hp and cant handle much over 450-480 rwhp. i dont know if im going to build something i would rather do it big once then take chances of breaking it. but then again i aint happy unless i got 650 plus rwhp. so theres that.

This coming from a guy with a list of slow cars. If you wanted to do it big you would have Owned a Turbo 5.4

650rwhp ain't shit.

Redhot91gt

Established Member
This coming from a guy with a list of slow cars. If you wanted to do it big you would have Owned a Turbo 5.4

650rwhp ain't shit.

haha, Exactly.... Whats with people keeping cars they have sold in their sig? Does it make you look like a baller?

OP: Cool swap, keep up the good work.

02SVTV6

Established Member
It's to show you how many times they've not made the right choice. Because they would keep it unless other circumstances arise.

Impetuous

Common sense isn't common
Established Member
Looks clean! Good luck with whatever you decide on. Not everybody has the cash to dump it in a car.

slow90coupe

Established Member
sweet lookin car man!! all id do is just get some darker headlights and maybe lower it a little bit more and you will have an almost perfect looking car!

riley00gt

Established Member
awesome swap......i just decided to do this swap last week and im saving up for an engine that i found......where did you get your TB adapter and what did you do for exhaust

Users who are viewing this thread