2000 GT 3V swap

Modmotor4life

Established Member
Just a little exhaust clip..Pypes o/r x pipe and mac mufflers in the stock cat back.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-9_TYOd4ec"]YouTube - 2000 mustang gt exhaust[/nomedia]

Sammyboy

Established Member
Mines a little older, but she does ok.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtL8FwIn9nU"]YouTube - 1996 mustang 3v burnout[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-UnvJTHFP8&feature=related"]YouTube - 1996 3v swap rev/idle[/nomedia]

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

Last edited:

heffs03mach1

COME WITH IT YA SALLY'S
Established Member
why oh why would you waste the time on a 3 valve motor if its stock! always baffles me. if it was a 3 valve that was built and had a big power adder ok then but a stock one is barely 280 hp and cant handle much over 450-480 rwhp. i dont know if im going to build something i would rather do it big once then take chances of breaking it. but then again i aint happy unless i got 650 plus rwhp. so theres that.

19935.slow

Established Member
why oh why would you waste the time on a 3 valve motor if its stock! always baffles me. if it was a 3 valve that was built and had a big power adder ok then but a stock one is barely 280 hp and cant handle much over 450-480 rwhp. i dont know if im going to build something i would rather do it big once then take chances of breaking it. but then again i aint happy unless i got 650 plus rwhp. so theres that.

Well that was just plain dumb.

Modmotor4life

Established Member

Well 3V's have 300 stock smart guy, and my car tuned made 291whp 336tq with an x pipe and mufflers...And why oh why do you care..Its my car and not yours, thats why it is the way it is..Because that's how i wanted it..Also the car will be getting a turbo setup.. So theres that for ya.

SVT2122

Established Member
Dude easy...people are allowed to have a different point of view than you lol. I personally understand it, my 02 GT is has close to 75k on it now, if my motor was to go I would probably find the newest, lowest milage wrecked GT and just swap the shit.

SVT2122

Established Member
You'll get used to it quick around here, everyone loves sharing lol

Get some pictures up Im curious to see your car.

Modmotor4life

Established Member
I didnt really mean to lash out lol, its just every since i had the swap done people have wanted to tell me what i should have done...Instead of just saying nice swap or nice car..

Modmotor4life

Established Member
If anyone has some advice on how to make the intake (CAI) look better let me know some ideas..What u see in the pic isnt suppose to be permanent, im just not sure what route to take on it.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
get a JLT rai for it. im sure they make them for the 3v. I loved mine on my 01. Nice swap, id do it for something different

05slvrgt

Real bits of panther.
Established Member
Nice swap OP. An intake and tune really wakes these 3v motors up.

Where are you located in KY ?

Users who are viewing this thread