20" on a 03 cobra any advice

mod mod t56

u can go faster
Established Member
I have stock 03chrome cobras and 18r so close to size and 19cost so much I was wondering who has done it... ride tire clearance ect Id understand offset and wheel widths will make a difference in fitment... With that said my car is lowered with her ss springs... I and my exhaust drags i assume that the larger wheels will rase the car a little as well as wheel fender clearance and I'm ok with that to a extent.... Any info options r welcome.... I run 1" spacers in the rear and looking to roll the fenders in the near future

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd never put 20's on my cobra. Those would add to having even less sidewall creating more wheelhop and also less traction. Honestly, if your wanting to change something because of clearance and scraping issues, I'd ditch those h&r ss springs and go with race springs. The rear race springs are stiffer and help with traction and less wheelhop.

Last edited:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Best advice is dont do it. They are too big for this body style. There are a few that look just okay but not good enough to do it. Why would you want 20's anyways? Tires are going to be expensive as shit.

SlowSVT

Established Member
If you want to hurt traction 20" wheels are a good place to start. 18's is the largest rim I would put on this car.

D-MANN

Established Member
If there is someone I'm sure they would be too embarrassed to post up pics on this site.It would look plain silly on these cars. Stay with 18s and it would look cleaner and meaner.Just like a "Terminator" should. Not dressed in drag on 20s. It's up to you and what you and your car want to look like.

IA Shelby

Established Member
Google vossen cvs cobra. Look at images.

Rubber band tires.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mod mod t56

u can go faster
Established Member
The reason was in the first post and I know I would get heat from this post that being said I don't think 18 is enough to justify new wheels and tires and if 20s r to the iv I'll just stay where I'm at

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
I'm not trying to be a jerk but if you could use better grammar and punctuation it would be easier for us to read what you are asking. It is hard to understand your sentences, they all run together.

Last edited:

TheFleshRocket

Likes to drive sideways.
Established Member
18s look about perfect on Cobras. 19s are borderline, and 20s just look out of place. 20s on an '05+ is another story.

Why do you need to go up a bunch in diameter to justify the expense of new wheels? Get 10.5s out back so you can run 315s (and have them fit "properly" on the wheel).

'99 VFR800, '08 1125R, '06 1050, '91 F2, '03 DRZ400

65fastback2+2

Established Member
18/19's offset is the largest Ive seen look good on a sn95

8728_593818171848_3052185_n.jpg

NewDuuude

Established Member
18s look about perfect on Cobras. 19s are borderline, and 20s just look out of place. 20s on an '05+ is another story.

Why do you need to go up a bunch in diameter to justify the expense of new wheels? Get 10.5s out back so you can run 315s (and have them fit "properly" on the wheel).

'99 VFR800, '08 1125R, '06 1050, '91 F2, '03 DRZ400

Exactly
I wouldnt run anything less or anything more than 20s on my s197.
On my cobra, I'm fine with my 17s and 18s would be killer but nothing bigger. Fender wells weren't made to compensate for 20s on these cars.

mod mod t56

u can go faster
Established Member
From what I have been seeing I would agree.... I just think 18s would not make a noticeable difference.... I like to thank everyone for their imput thanks alot. My spelling and grammar is not as bad as it seems, how ever auto correct and fat fingers makes it hard s text sometimes, but just for the Grammer Nazi above I'll work on it... :)

y2kpony

Established Member
20s on these cars would make them look like a hot wheels toy car. Don't go any bigger than 18. I think you will regret that look plus the loss of traction if you go bigger. Just my opinion.

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
Please don't do 20's, cobras are too cool for cheezy bling bling 20's.

gen.turner

4V N/A Power
Established Member
????????

Not to offend, but he majority of people that I see putting 20's on a SN95 mustang usually have a V6 and dont care about the loss of acceleration and braking performance that adding the large/heavy rims and tires, not to mention the price of tires and the harsh ride from the super low profile tires. I once bought 19's and paid almost 1400 in tires alone.

I WILL NEVER buy wheels that big for this type of car again, especially a performance vehicle like the Terminator. I drive a Lowly N/A 4V and I can't even imagine the negative effects that big of a tire would have on my car.

Users who are viewing this thread