2 Videos of Magnaflow catback

Steel City

Banned
sounds good! too quiet for me though. put an off road x on and she will scream:rockon: im putting a bassani street comp cat back with bassani off road x in a couple of weeks. i cant wait!

:beer:

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Im trying to stay away from being to loud but keep performance. I may do a catted x. I got into some trouble with my old 96 GT being WAY to loud. LTs, O/R H, Magnapacks, cams and a blower. Very bad combo ;-)

Steel City

Banned
Originally posted by Juiced46
Im trying to stay away from being to loud but keep performance. I may do a catted x. I got into some trouble with my old 96 GT being WAY to loud. LTs, O/R H, Magnapacks, cams and a blower. Very bad combo ;-)

I hear ya! I bet it sounded TITS though!

:beer:

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
Sounds good, not too loud but aggressive and tight! I have the Maggies too and love them :)
I am curious about the addition of an Xpipe? What will it do as far as sound goes. Do you think Bassani and the Magna CB will sound good together?

Last edited:

stevieb

Established Member
Sounds good. I have the same setup but from inside it doesnt sound that loud at wot. I am ready to put on a M/F catted X also, but Im afraid it may become too loud. Ive heard o/r x pipes and they are real loud, I hoping the catted x will give me a happy medium. :beer:
PS I was really waiting to see some tire smoking donuts in that vid. Good job though!

akaeric

Established Member
Its the same color as mine and I have magnas but I have no cats with a X pipe just have those precats coming off the exhaust manafold and I want to take them of next or gut them sound just as loud as mine with out the cats. I think magnaflows have two type of mufflers they have the tube shaped and the standard rectangle shape which is what I got.

tvguy

Great video!! One thing on the loudness though. Obviously it's a home camera using the camera mic for sound. From far away too. I imagine it's louder than that video portrays. Far louder probably. Sounded great!!
pacotaco
PS. I'd love to see the same type of video with a Stinger exhaust. Hearing an exhaust under load and sitting still is a huge difference. Just wishing.

Last edited by a moderator:

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
Sounds good. I am considering the Magnaflow cat back because it is said to be the most stock sounding. I had a different opinion after hearing your clip thanks. I like the stealth quiet.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Wow, it's nice and quiet, yet aggressive sounding. I like it.

I was thinking about getting some FR500's since I really don't want it loud, but now I might consider the Magnaflows.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Thanks for the compliments guys. The exhaust sounds nice. its not to loud but you can definetly here it going down the road. Inside @ WOT its not very loud, but outside its noticeable. I wouldnt say that it sounds close to stock, its a very noticeable difference.

pacotaco you are right, In person in sounds much different and louder.

Stevieb- i edited that part out ;-)

i am trying to keep away from having a loud exhaust because of my last car. But the more i watch my old videos from my GT i want an o/r pipe again.

here is a clip of my old exhaust on my GT
http://outside.drobnak.com:4185/dave_car/dave_tunnel.avi

SVTlover

Ur anger is my power
Established Member
OMG I sprang wood, Just reminds me of my old stang with the same set up!! IM still hearing ringing in my ears! ON a serious note i was wondering As far as the 03 Cobras Muffers alone how much performance gain Or they just for the sound? To get good Horsepower You need new headers and X pipe?
Half the battle is sounding fast till 36k miles!! Thx SVTlover

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
As far as power #s im not sure. There was a definite SOTP difference when i installed the catback. The stock catback is very restrictive as well. From what ive read with these cars the headers dont give you much if at all anything. An X/H pipe will give a few HP. The power im making right now is through the stock 4 cats which i think is pretty impressive.

stevieb

Established Member
Paco, are you talking about price on the Magnaflow catback? If so theyre out there for $360.
Not to rain on anyones parade but I saw an article a while back in a tech magazine. They tested exhaust systems from just c/b's and with c/b & both x pipes and c/b-x pipe and headers.
The numbers jumped big time from stock to c/b & a bit more with x-pipe, but I was really disappointed at the numbers with the headers only about 2-4 hp gain.
For the cost involved and not to mention headers is a automatic warranty void, I didnt think it was worth it. Just my .02

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sounds really nice. It reminded me of my original Magnaflow catback before I switched to the Steeda. I especially like the sound with the stock H-pipe. After watching those videos I got the itch to take mine out (gorgeous day today) but......it's sleeping in the garage with the supercharger being ported and balanced by Apten. It will be another 2-3 weeks before I get it back. :rollseyes

Where is North Haven did you shoot the video?

tvguy

Originally posted by CobraBob
Sounds really nice. It reminded me of my original Magnaflow catback before I switched to the Steeda. I especially like the sound with the stock H-pipe. After watching those videos I got the itch to take mine out (gorgeous day today) but......it's sleeping in the garage with the supercharger being ported and balanced by Apten. It will be another 2-3 weeks before I get it back. :rollseyes

Where is North Haven did you shoot the video?

Hey,

How loud is the Steeda compared to the Magnaflow? Do you like your new exhaust better?
pacotaco
PS. Yep, I was talking about price for just the catback. $360 seems like a good deal. Thanks for the info Stevieb.

Users who are viewing this thread