2 Videos of Magnaflow catback

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
I paid $360 shipped to my door from www.fulllineexhaust.com They also have then on ebay for $360 and Free shipping.

Bob i shot that at the North Haven middle school. I was going to go on the RT40 connector and do some drivebys but my friend didnt want to stand on the side of the highway lol. There really isnt anywhere in North Haven that i can open it up and not get in trouble (especially with a video camera) Its even worse since if i want to go WOT i cant hit it until 3rd gear or its just roasts the tires.

Dave

DPS

Established Member
Juiced46, do you have any drone at highway speeds? I have the Magna Flow catted X and cat back and I have a lot of drone. I think it could be the X pipe that's giving me most of the drone but I'm not sure.

:beer:

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Jesus man... that was like a giant **** tease... I was waiting to hear it under load, with blower and all... Come on man.. Just lay in it in 2nd for a bit...

That Mag sounds really great, By the way.

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Those two videos (not getting all the way on it, withstanding) have pretty much sold me on the Magnaflow...

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Well the thing is i really didnt have anywhere to go WOT. If i go WOT in 1st or 2nd no matter the RPM its an instant tire smoking nightmare. You can see a couple of times in the vid where i layed into it and the tires just lit up. If i can get one of my friends to video tape me where i can get on it better ill do that. Ill see if i can get another one up tonight. BTW- the 'revving' video my friend was driving the car. I told him NOT to get on it, lol.

DPS- as far as drone it doesnt really drone much at all if any with the stock cats. With an aftermarket x/h i can see it happening. Cobrabob had a magnaflow setup with a catted X and swapped out the maggies for a Steeda catback because it droned.

Thanks again for the compliments

Dave

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Im not sure why it says $410 on their site. Give them a call and see what they say. Hopefully their prices went up. I just called the Donathan AL # and they sold it to me for $360 shipped to CT. When i bought my magnapack catback a year ago for my GT that was $330 shipped. Maybe their prices went up? I hope not.

Dave

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
cool, I will give them a call. Have you heard the stinger exhaust? If so do you think it is worth the extra money? I don't want mine too loud. How hard is it to put on?

DPS

Established Member
Thanks for the reply Juiced46. Did going with the steeda take care of Cobrbobs drone? I was thinking about just putting the stock H pipe back on since most people say the X doesn't give that much extra power.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
I have only heard the stinger exhaust on hear. I am still waiting to hear someones video with a Stinger driving under load. All the ones ive heard are just revving. its hard to tell like that. I actually am considering the stinger setup. I really like the tips. But i just can justify spending $600 for a C/B. Installation is pretty simple. i did it in under an hour. its very easy especially since im used to doing GT exhaust where the tailpipe bends over the axles. if you have your basic hand tools and some jack stands or ramps you can do this w/o a problem

The steeda took care of his drone. I drove in his car and it sounds very nice. No drone at all from what i heard. As far as power. Cobra bob has similar mods to mine with an addition of a Magnaflow catted X and a TB. He is making 5-6rwhp and 5rwhp more then me. Now its still hard to compare since they were dont on different dynos and different days. But IMO I do not think a catted X is going to give that much more power, just sound.

DPS

Established Member
Thanks again. I'm leaning heavily towards putting the stock H back on and putting the catted x up for sale. I just don't like the drone.

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
real quick question, did you go with a steeda or pro 5.0 shifter. I got a chance to buy a used pro 5.0 for 150 or a new steeda for 165. What do you think?

DPS

Established Member
Besides, I really like the sound of your car and I just can't see spending the money on the steeda if I can fix the problem by just swapping the mid pipes and not hurting performance.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
I still have the stock shifter in my car. On my GT i first had a Pro 5.0 shifter. When i swapped to the T56 6 speed i bought a Triax.The triax i liked MUCH better. It has a more precise feel to it. Where can you get the steeda for $165? im looking into buying one soon

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
I was checking on ebay, and this place call stangonline.com and I talked to the dude and he said he could do 165 shipped.

shanker

Cheesecake FTW!
Established Member
I've had the mags and stock Hpipe on for months and I never knew how good it sounded. Maybe I should let someone else drive it so I can hear it. Maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread