2.95 upper, o/r h, cb, fpdc maxed? help!

New Edge

Screaming 2.2!
Established Member
Like the title says, i have an upper and manifold back exhaust. i decided to see how my fpdc was doing with this setup before i put on my 4# lower, see if i would need a kb bap or not. little did i know i was running the car at a very scary point.

first off i don't have a wideband to tell what my a/f ratio is. derrr i know lol

regardless it is obvious that there must be something going on. my fpdc hits .49999 (99%) at 4500 rpm! :eek:

i just changed the fuel filter (im sure that was a waste of money) even though the car has only 3400 miles on it. this did not help. duty cycle remains the same. at idle i am sitting around .21 (42%)

someone help me out! i don't know what to do next aside from getting a bap, however i don't want to just throw it on and see my cycle drop to only like90% (without my lower) because there is some mechanical malfunction going on.
tia

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
You might want to drop the tank and verify each pump is functioning.

If one is dead or almost dead, you will want to replace it and retest/relog before moving on to very reasonable fuel delivery mod of a BAP.

New Edge

Screaming 2.2!
Established Member
Failed pump at 3400 miles. Probably a record. I'm gonna run some injector cleaner through it see how that goes. Could my tune be so rich that my pumps can't keep up? What about o2 sensors I have a replacement one could it fail and cause this problem?

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
I looked at this thread and turns out I am in the same predicament. I was planning on installing a BAP this weekend up until I read this. I bought my Cobra a year ago already modded and tuned but with no handheld. Only difference for me is that I do have a WBO2 installed and my A/F stays constant at 11.2 when I romp on it. I am driving a upper only Cobra with a 2.76 pulley, 60lb injectors (not confirmed), shorty headers, catted-X, stingers and a RAI.

I installed a Aeroforce gauge some time ago and have been monitoring my FPDC among other things. My idle FPDC is right at 42 and will go over 98 near the end of a gear, usually second is the only gear I run all the way out. Just changed the fuel filter last week, glad I did judging by all the black crap that was coming out of it.

I monitor my battery volts while cruising and they bounce around 13.5 but to be honest I have been paying more attention to my temps and FPDC. I know this can affect the pumps but to what extent I am not positive.

I figured I needed some help from a BAP to drop my FPDC. Now correct me if I am wrong but isn't the FPDC on the aeroforce displayed at a 0-100% scale???

O.P. I don't mean to thread-jack you in any way but I am experiencing the same thing.

New Edge

Screaming 2.2!
Established Member
It's cool, whatever it takes to get some help!

Okay so here's an update on what i have found so far.

Injector cleaner no go. Down 8 bucks on that.

Using my brothers ethos i foudn that my ltft is off. -1 for bank 1 and 8 for bank 2.
so i decide heck maybe its the bosch o2 sensor i replaced the oem one with (got stuck in my old midpipe) and so i switched the ds with the ps. nothing. ltft's are the exact same. wouldn't this mean that i am 8% rich on ps and 1% lean on ds? vacuum leak? frps? stuck injector? argh

I also have played around with it being the frps? my dipstick smells a bit like gas but it could be that i took the frps off right before and i recently changed my filter so the garage smells of gas haha. (plus car is rich as fu(k.)

help me lol i miss my car!

New Edge

Screaming 2.2!
Established Member
so right now its saying
"o2s21" is running at 0-2 mV
"o2s11" is running from 700-800 mV

LTFT 1 is 0 +/- 2
LTFT 2 is around 33

What causes this?!?!?!

New Edge

Screaming 2.2!
Established Member
using livewire and an ethos scan tool by snap on. however i just went and got a new o2 sensor and the fuel trims are on th emoney. the bosch was not good obviously. got an oem one from the dealer. however the duty cycle is still 40% at idle so im gonna drop the tank and see whats going on down there. unless you guys think the frps is bad (noticing a little idle surge). the pressure at the rails is around 30 psi at idle but drops significantly at startup. this is with a crappy guage though.

New Edge

Screaming 2.2!
Established Member
fml. sct took a fat shit, crapped out while reverting back to stock. now my car has no tune and won't start. monday couldn't get here fast enough.

New Edge

Screaming 2.2!
Established Member
got it running again thanks to the awesome help from the SCT techs. still have the same problem.

how would i test the pumps to see if they are bad? drop the tank, pull the hat? is there some way to figure which of the two pumps is bad since i obviously have at least one good pump. thanks for the help guys

New Edge

Screaming 2.2!
Established Member
frps is okay; new one didn't change things
looks like i will be dropping the tank when the bap gets here

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Just put my BAP in and with it turned all the way up my idle FPDC drops down to around 32. I didnt get a chance to see where my FPDC tops out at but hopefully I will get to tomorrow before the weather goes to crap.

I read a post about someone running dual FPDM's and stating that their FPDC was around 40 at idle, I cant seem to find the thread at the moment but when I do I will post it up here.

New Edge

Screaming 2.2!
Established Member
tank dropped. no bad lines. initially thought the pprv was leaking but it was just gas on it's surface. all lines look fine, etc etc. bap shipped today (LFP slowness FTL I know) gonna put the tank back in and check on the fpdm, probably a pointless venture but hey at this point it's all i've got. hopefully the bap will get here by friday and i can get the biatch on/datalog and see where i'm at.

would it be a bad idea to throw on my mafia and jlt in the meantime?

sure feel like i'm talking to myself lol...

Last edited:

mach1033

Established Member
Being that you did all that work in dropping the tank and checking that everything "seemed" ok IMO I would have changed the pumps out just to rule those out. Also did you check what the alternator was reading at idle and then at WOT?

Last edited:

New Edge

Screaming 2.2!
Established Member
I saw no point In replacing 3k mile pumps with the stock pumps. I I was going to replace them I would get gt pumps but right now I don't have the money.

I put the bap on and at idle I have dropped to .16 or so so that's good however on the short datalog that I did the pumps maxed again. I'm beginning to think it is my tune as my tooner keeps going to ask his lead calibrator about simple questions ...

My battery voltage never drops below 13.2 the whole way to 4500 rpms I haven't gone over for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
You should test the pumps with the car battery to verify each one works. I'm sure it's possible, it's worth a shot if you can't change them out.

Users who are viewing this thread