2.9 whipple vs 3.4 Whipple Crusher

Sebastion

Established Member
Not yet. I just went Friday to give money down . He told me he was gonna get to it pretty soon and see what’s going on . Just hope my block is still good and crank .

Sebastion

Established Member
Well I wanna start putting money down cause I plan on doing The top notch stuff. I want to run 30 lbs with heads and cams .

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
Ok fair enough, you gotta pay to play. I am a tad over 800 now on 25lbs
And if I didn't have the supporting mods(in sig) I have it wouldn't of survived.

@ these levels with me anyways the manual becomes tricky, and very inconsistent.
I am going auto over the winter, then putting the 3.0 pulley on. I am going to have to get bigger injectors. It's only money right, 5k for the trans and swap components and 2k for injectors.

You see the pattern, get out now while you can..

04torchred

Established Member
Well I wanna start putting money down cause I plan on doing The top notch stuff. I want to run 30 lbs with heads and cams .

Honestly with the big blowers I don't think its worth it to run the boost that high. They make heat, they are hard on the crank snout, they make heat!

If you want it to last for a bit don't get greedy and keep the rotor rpm's down. Its cool to say you are running 30psi, but sucks when shit breaks.

If you true power goal is 900-1000rwhp you are further ahead to swap to a turbo.

And I am a boss big bore 3.4L crusher owner. 9.3:1 compression(L&M heads, NA SVT cams, etc), I run a 3.5" upper/6.55" lower, makes around 14-15psi on my new motor at 3400ft elevation. Stock motor that same pulley combo was 17-18psi. Not spinning it hard at all, but that runs on straight 91 pump gas and a metco lower setup, stock tensioner with a metco support brace. My crank snout is studded now.

The stock engine with pump and torco at 20* timing and a lund tune made 685rwhp/605rwtq SAE.

if you plan to race this lots I would go with a turbo, hell even street race/highway pull it I would go turbo. CG fab and call it a day!

Build a nice 10-10.5:1 compression bottom end with good rods. Clean up the stock heads, fit them with good valves and a good valve job and run a turbo.

Users who are viewing this thread