2.9 whipple help.

mcallister

Established Member
I installed my 2.9 whipple tonight and in the instructions its not clear what to do with the boost and vaccum hoses that went to the factory boost bypass valve. Anyone have a clue?

mcallister

Established Member
im not sure how to post pictures. but they are just the 2 lines that go to the stock boost bypass valve on the rear driver side of the stock eaton. and since the whipple comes with its own boost bypass valve that is already hooked up i dont have anywhere to hook the 2 from the stock location. should i just cap them?

mach1033

Established Member
Does this help you at all?
355642[/ATTACH]"]
cobra088.jpg

Attachments

• cobra088.jpg
    cobra088.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 59

mcallister

Established Member
i wish it did but it looks like your running a different set up than i am. i still have all the sensors and everything that bolt to the bracket on the side of the supercharger. i appreciate you trying to help though.

mcallister

Established Member
did the intercooler only have 9 bolts mounting it to the whipple? it almost looks like they forgot to drill and tap 1 of the holes on mine.

mach1033

Established Member
Oh wow your still running your EGR? Delete that man you dont need it. Its called an EGR delete kit and it makes the engine bay look a lot cleaner.
355671[/ATTACH]"]
Picture030.jpg

Attachments

• Picture030.jpg
    Picture030.jpg
    324.7 KB · Views: 28

mach1033

Established Member
ill probably make that a winter project. your engine bay looks great.

Nah not yet lol. I still have lots of work to do under there. My car has been sitting for close to a year and a half and a little surface rust has appeared in places. Long story short I'm not satisfied with the way it looks right now. But it will get done soon. Who is tuning your car?

VenomSVT03

CRUSHER
Established Member
did the intercooler only have 9 bolts mounting it to the whipple? it almost looks like they forgot to drill and tap 1 of the holes on mine.

Yes the 2.9 only has 9 holes for the intercooler, sorry i cant help you with your question i have the EGR deleted too

Last edited:

mcallister

Established Member
Nah not yet lol. I still have lots of work to do under there. My car has been sitting for close to a year and a half and a little surface rust has appeared in places. Long story short I'm not satisfied with the way it looks right now. But it will get done soon. Who is tuning your car?
i cant seem to find any tuners at all even remotely close to me so im doing a remote tune with jon lund. ive been emailing back and forth with him today trying to get this thing all sorted out. hes saying all i need to do is cap the hoses. but now im having problems with my sct. this thing is really giving me a headache. hopefully itll be worth it in the end.

mach1033

Established Member
i cant seem to find any tuners at all even remotely close to me so im doing a remote tune with jon lund. ive been emailing back and forth with him today trying to get this thing all sorted out. hes saying all i need to do is cap the hoses. but now im having problems with my sct. this thing is really giving me a headache. hopefully itll be worth it in the end.

Where in NY are you?

mcallister

Established Member
complete mod list as far as the motor goes is

jlt high boost intake
sct ba3000 maf
accufab tb
whipple 2.9
80lb injectors
lethals budget return fuel system
american racing long tubes
off rd x pipe
mac cat back
and prob going to do an egr delete asap after going out and looking at my engine compartment and comparing it to yours

mach1033

Established Member
complete mod list as far as the motor goes is

jlt high boost intake
sct ba3000 maf
accufab tb
whipple 2.9
80lb injectors
lethals budget return fuel system
american racing long tubes
off rd x pipe
mac cat back
and prob going to do an egr delete asap after going out and looking at my engine compartment and comparing it to yours

Very nice. With the stock pulley you should be knocking at 630 no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread