2.9 Gen 3 Crusher or 3.4 crusher?

MG0h3

Established Member
It is definitely frustrating that although the 2.9 gen 3 is in production for multiple vehicles, we are only shown pictures of and I've only been able to gather credible stats from the newer coyote motors. Hell, I haven't even seen a teaser of what the new unit will look like.

It would have been a helpful revision on whipples part to fix the positioning of the IAC on the crusher inlet so that it doesn't chew through the A/C lines anymore!

Get with MalcolmV8. He found a guy that sells a fix or maybe fabbed it for him; can't recall.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
Get with MalcolmV8. He found a guy that sells a fix or maybe fabbed it for him; can't recall.
I already have it. It's a good quality piece off of cobra engineering. Pivots the IAC into a better position. Lol

MG0h3

Established Member
I already have it. It's a good quality piece off of cobra engineering. Pivots the IAC into a better position. Lol
hahah yep thats the company. You're all set man. I'd get the new 2.9 crusher. A member on here ordered one if you want a review from him after a bit.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
hahah yep thats the company. You're all set man. I'd get the new 2.9 crusher. A member on here ordered one if you want a review from him after a bit.
What downfalls and/or disadvantages are you and others seeing in the 3.4 crusher setup with a built motor vs the 2.9?

MG0h3

Established Member
What downfalls and/or disadvantages are you and others seeing in the 3.4 crusher setup with a built motor vs the 2.9?
Heck beats me man. Other than the whole snap the crank with a bigger blower story. I think a 2.9 crusher can give you all the air you need though.

MG0h3

Established Member
I think you're on the right path planning your power adder on your build and goals. I've got a 2.9upper/stock lower on my standard inlet 2.9 whipple. Seems like its the sweet spot RPM wise being @1000rpm under their "rated" max rpm. I see the same max boost in 85* or 50* ambient. I would think these guys with a 3.4 running a 3.5 or bigger upper have a lot less torque throughout the midrange than a 2.9 that is spun.

FYI I'm at 4k'. Guys on a stock motor like me are seeing 23psi on the same pulley setup at sea level. Not sure what Malcolm was spinning his to but with the crusher he was seeing 27psi.

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
I don't know where any of the real #'s are, I am sure there around. But from what I have gathered. The 2.9 out shines the 3.4 until the 3.4 see 25+lbs of boost to 30#

I have a 3.4 with crusher. and I see 500+ torque at 1800rpm 's and over 600# of tourqe at 2300rpm's. Yeah sure the HP takes a little while to get to max but the torque is there. And we all know that torque gets you off the line faster. .

Last edited:

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
As far as disadvantages. The only dis I have read on the 3.4 is it can't fit with the stock configuration ie hood and k member.

Unless you have real world experience and legit #'s.I think it's all a guessing game.
666/650 on 19#(4.0pully stock lower) on E85 with 17* timing.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
I don't know where any of the real #'s are, I am sure there around. But from what I have gathered. The 2.9 out shines the 3.4 until the 3.4 see 25+lbs of boost to 30#

I have a 3.4 with crusher. and I see 500+ torque at 1800rpm 's and over 600# of tourqe at 2300rpm's. Yeah sure the HP takes a little while to get to max but the torque is there. And we all know that torque gets you off the line faster. .
Made my purchase a few hours ago. Decided to go with the 3.4 crusher. My setup won't see any less than 23# strictly e85. Bought the arp2000 head studs as well!

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
Made my purchase a few hours ago. Decided to go with the 3.4 crusher. My setup won't see any less than 23# strictly e85. Bought the arp2000 head studs as well!

Nice you'll be very happy with your new 3.4. And FYI.the stock caged lower with a 3.5 pulley with get you 25# and which you'll see at 2500 rpm's. Thing is a beast. And can still get to the spark plugs..If and when you do that pm me I will tell you haw I did it.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
Nice you'll be very happy with your new 3.4. And FYI.the stock caged lower with a 3.5 pulley with get you 25# and which you'll see at 2500 rpm's. Thing is a beast. And can still get to the spark plugs..If and when you do that pm me I will tell you haw I did it.
Sweet! Thank you for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread