2.8KB(GT500) blower vs. 3.4 Whipple (Lightning) blower Side by side comparison

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
To give some feedback so far.... I just put the KB on my GT500, the installation couldn't have gone smoother. The fitment is 100%, the installation looks great(near stock). I'll post back up once the whipple is installed on the Lightning.

DSC01334.JPG

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Well neither one is on the car/truck yet.. Good question though. I'll be interested in seeing how both the installs go, how well everything fits/looks...etc. I'll post up #'s for both after it's all said and done.

I picked the 2.8KB for the GT500, simply because I own a 2.2 for my 03, and haven't had a single issue with it. Shelby Auto's also choose this for their "ultimate" upgrade on their cars, thus there should be quite a bit of research/refinement of this specific compressor. I'm hoping to have little to no issues whatsoever.

I picked the 3.4 for the truck based upon my tuner's suggestion. They've done countless blower upgrades/installs, and this seems to be the best candidate for my specific build. I'll be running a Ford GT alum. block, new Trick-Flow 2V heads & cams, so maximizing the airflow was on the top of my list.

You mean you have an 03 Cobra, Lightning, and a GT500 all with twin screws!?!? What a great garage you have.

EDIT: Have any pics of them together?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread