2.8 pulley cobra vs 2009 SS

VictorySong

Established Member
I never got my Cobra tuned with a 2.81 upper and ran it for a year.
I even ran 11.9@118mph at the track with just that pulley along with intake/exhaust.

:eek: I'm not brave enough to try that. I'm nervous about running a canned tune with an upper. Don't plan on risking a shortblock trying it either.:nonono:

rbrand9935

Established Member
CharlieX2: Question, Do you know what dyno numbers you're pulling RWHP/RWTQ?.I cant wait to run into an SS as I just got my Cobra tunes w/2.8 Pulley

Trick Pony

Stang Addict
Established Member
I even ran 11.9@118mph at the track with just that pulley along with intake/exhaust.

Just because you did it doesn't mean it's a good idea. I would have at least threw it on the dyno to check the AFR because I would bet you were lean.

03cobrarocks

Established Member

that isnt something I or numerous others would risk... plus a tune is what 500 bucks most places with the software. a lot cheaper than new shortblock or engine parts.

ViciousJay

Established Member
go get a real tune or lean that sucker out, chances are your running a a/f of 9.0 which can be just as bad as leaning out

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
that isnt something I or numerous others would risk... plus a tune is what 500 bucks most places with the software. a lot cheaper than new shortblock or engine parts.

True..but I never had issues. I wasn't saying DON'T get a tune..by all means, get the sucker tuned. But I was just stating based on experience. James@rwtd said that it wouldn't hurt to open it up with the 2.81. Like I said, I never ran into issues but once again...don't settle with that setup and no tune.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
nice kill....:beer:

had a guy chasing me down not to long ago in the SS. Ran him with
streets on/spinning in 3rd and he still couldn't catch me...lol

Users who are viewing this thread