2.8 pulley cobra vs 2009 SS

charliex2

Established Member
My buddy has new camaro and we hit the interstate the other day. He only has exhaust with no tune. I have 2.8 pulley canned tune and intake. We launched from 40mph second gear and we went on the third horn and right away I put probably put close to 2 cars on him. Through third it was still about the same and in forth he came back a little around a 1.5 cars now maybe a little less. Seemed like was was staying about the 1.5 cars with no change so I shut down. We did it a few times and same result each time.

Deuuuce

Established Member
He either wasn't stock or the guys are right on your C6 thread - you need a tune, badly.

Last edited:

charliex2

Established Member
He either wasn't stock or the guys are right on you C6 thread - you need a tune, badly.

I mean he had full system, I do need a custom tune but was waiting in till I got my blower ported no point in getting tune now and then again in a few weeks. Also I was on stock tires, 275s lol sooooo spinning all over the road!

TomballGuy05

Established Member
I ran a 10' SS with 2.76/exhaust/intake/tune and it wasn't even close. Not sure if it was an automatic, but it sounded stock. You should have beat him worse I would think?

charliex2

Established Member
Well I only have a 2.8 pulley, but if I would have had good tires at the time prob would have put 4 cars on him right off the jump

horseplay

Crazy MMA Junkie
Established Member
Nice Race

The 2010 SS's are fairly fast, And with mods are crazy. I actually think they look badass. I have SVT running through my Veins! So looks like you had some fun which is always good. Thanks for sharing the story. Be safe out there :beer:

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I mean he had full system, I do need a custom tune but was waiting in till I got my blower ported no point in getting tune now and then again in a few weeks. Also I was on stock tires, 275s lol sooooo spinning all over the road!

you can spin your car all over the road on a canned tune, and 2.8" pulley on 275 series tires? Unless I really try, with the same mods, I don't get wheel spin from a 40 roll on blacktop..

Deuuuce

Established Member

Intake and tune too? Ah, if you were spinning, that would explain it.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Nice kill. There are several LMR tuned 2010s SS here in houston running low 12s with just bolt-ons and tunes. They have several cam only + bolt-on cars in the 11s. The 2010 SS with the L99 engine and automatic definitely need help in the tuning dept to even be quick. If I were going to buy one, it would be a six speed w/LS3 for sure...

Last edited:

R3dn3k Flyby

Vivid Racing
Established Member
Not sure if the SS I ran into a while back was a LS3 or L99, but I raped it. This was before my dyno tune as well, so I was around 440whp/440wtq at that time. We're talkin buslengths. It was brand spankin new with dealership tags still on it.

Users who are viewing this thread