2.76 Pulley

Evan601

Established Member
Im looking at some 03-04 cobras and am wondering what i might be getting into if i buy one that already has a smaller pulley on it. Also if anyone has any experience with the Afco pro series dual core heat exchanger, if its good or bad thatd be much appreciated.

Also, are there any differences between the 03 & 04 cobras with problems like the head tick issue or anything else?
Thanks much

Last edited:

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
Im looking at some 03-04 cobras and am wondering what i might be getting into if i buy one that already has a smaller pulley on it. Also if anyone has any experience with the Afco pro series dual core heat exchanger, if its good or bad thatd be much appreciated.

Thanks much

Its not uncommon for one of these Cobras to be pulley'd or modded in general, however, if I was to buy one that had a pulley, I would listen to see if it was knocking and any pinging. Definitely drive it and test it before anything. Open it up and see what its made of because it would be a nightmare to buy someone else's headache. Ask the seller if it was tuned, who tuned it, and what other modifications are done to the car. Just my thoughts.

twhitey

Established Member
Have it checked by a shop if you dont know what you are looking for or listening to.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
get it dyno'd and listen like others have said...I prefer to buy stock...

Evan601

Established Member
get it dyno'd and listen like others have said...I prefer to buy stock...

My thoughts exactly, but there hard to come by. In general i would rather buy a car that is stock or relatively stock, maybe suspension mods or other minor ones.

But more specifically is there any major difference between 03 & 04 cobras. Is one more prone to the head tick problem than the other?
I have heard that there are minor differences but cant confirm any of it as reliable.

Also are there any typical problems i should look for when buying one?
Thanks for the responses

Last edited:

mrspeedy69

W.O.R.D.
Established Member
Head tick was suppose to be early 03's but i'd say any of them are prone to it without a head cooling mod. Issues to look for, I don't think there are many other than the head tick. The differentials are bad about leaking unless you have and IRS brace. I'm probably forgetting something tho.

Evan601

Established Member
Head tick was suppose to be early 03's but i'd say any of them are prone to it without a head cooling mod. Issues to look for, I don't think there are many other than the head tick. The differentials are bad about leaking unless you have and IRS brace. I'm probably forgetting something tho.

oh didnt know that... so which one is recommended? really the only one i know of is from steeda and i hear it can take a couple hours to install

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Thanks, i had seen the webpage before but couldnt find it again.

Im guessing the best way to prevent the head tick problem would be to get the new heads that have improved cooling ports?

Or do a cooling mod and stay away from 5th and 6th gear wot pulls.

Users who are viewing this thread