2.65 pulley ?

wuplash

Established Member
I'm running an RWTD tune. I haven't had it dynotuned yet. I ran at Englishtown last Thursday. That is strange. I was trapping 119-121 throughout the day. I know i was getting a slight hesitation on my 2-3 shift, but i don't think it will affect mph that much. It pulls harder down low than when the same setup was on my friend's car. The difference was he had a 12" filter and magnaflow catted-x. Is it possible my 9" filter is limiting me at the top end?
my full mod list:
stage 4+ port
2.65/2lb lower
steeda cai(only a 9" filter)
sct ba-2400 maf
60 lb injectors
mrt catted-H
magnaflow catback
spec 2+
MT ET street radials 275/40/17

yea get it on a dyno and see where things are at.
i would mention to james about the hesitation and after he views your dyno run he can more than likely see how to correct that.

i doubt your 9" filter is hindering your top end speed as i'am using a 7" filter on my jlt cai setup and i will trap 121.3-121.7 nine out of ten times.

keith89

Established Member
yea get it on a dyno and see where things are at.
i would mention to james about the hesitation and after he views your dyno run he can more than likely see how to correct that.

i doubt your 9" filter is hindering your top end speed as i'am using a 7" filter on my jlt cai setup and i will trap 121.3-121.7 nine out of ten times.

I had the pprv delete done and it reduced the hesitation quite a bit. The problem is just the nature of a returnless fuel system. The pump shuts off after you release from WOT. Then when you get back on it, there's low pressure in the rail while waiting for the computer to turn the pump back on. I've been told my mph is about right for my port and pulley setup.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I tried to search the forum and couldn't find anything. Wondering if anyone has done the 2.65 pulley without a port? If so, what numbers did you get and what other mods do you have. What size belt did you use?
I would like to do the 2.65 but not sure...I currently have a 2.80 pulley, X-pipe, steeda CAI, and magnaflow exhaust.
Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

With a proper size belt and good belt wrap from a tensioner you shouldn't have any slip. If you're running a 2.80 now, you'll probably pick up between .5-1lb of boost. Not too many people have a 2.65 so you'll most likely have to buy one new, they'll run you about $150. I'd personally try to find a used 4lb lower setup in the market, you can find one for $200-$250. You'll get much more noticeable gains from 3-4lbs of boost than you would with .5-1lb. If you do decide to get the 2.65 with a tensioner pulley and stock idlers you would need a 74" belt, you could possibly squeeze a 73.5" if you really tried.

The difference was he had a 12" filter and magnaflow catted-x. Is it possible my 9" filter is limiting me at the top end?

Could be hurting you a little. I've run a 12" filter for a long time now and really think it's a big factor in why my car makes such good numbers and runs what it does. I consitantly saw 125-127mph traps with a 2.75 upper and port, no lower.

corysmach1

Established Member
I run a 2.65 upper....made 476-513 and 15.8 psi. With a predater tuner. NO PORT. Trapped 121 on a hot day. I wanna try and get a port in the nxt few months.

Users who are viewing this thread