2.65 pulley ?

dohc32v

Established Member
I tried to search the forum and couldn't find anything. Wondering if anyone has done the 2.65 pulley without a port? If so, what numbers did you get and what other mods do you have. What size belt did you use?
I would like to do the 2.65 but not sure...I currently have a 2.80 pulley, X-pipe, steeda CAI, and magnaflow exhaust.
Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

doegus

Established Member
you could call doug at billetflow. he sold me a proto-type 2.65 but i have only had a chance to get on it once and saw 14.8 psi---im sure its got a little more

dohc32v

Established Member
you could call doug at billetflow. he sold me a proto-type 2.65 but i have only had a chance to get on it once and saw 14.8 psi---im sure its got a little more

Do you have any dyno's numbers, what belt size did you use? Other mods?

dohc32v

Established Member

Do you have any dyno numbers, what belt size did you use? Other mods?

wuplash

Established Member
reichard racing was kind enough to make me a 2.60 pulley around 4 years ago and it works great.i use a gates 745 belt with billetflow idlers and have no belt slip.on cool 40-65 degree days i have seen just over 15lbs of boost.hope this has helped you some

dohc32v

Established Member
reichard racing was kind enough to make me a 2.60 pulley around 4 years ago and it works great.i use a gates 745 belt with billetflow idlers and have no belt slip.on cool 40-65 degree days i have seen just over 15lbs of boost.hope this has helped you some

Thanks, that's the info I needed. Glad to hear that it has been working for you for the last 4 years. It makes my decision easier...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Personally I would rather mix a larger upper (like the 2.90/2.93) with a 4 lb. lower to insure the bare minimum of belt slip. Just out of curiosity, Wuplash, what made you go with the 2.60 upper instead of going with an upper/lower combo? I remember that 2.60 by the way. I had talked to Jim Reichard when he was doing it.

VincodeY

Established Member
seems to me it may be beacause of the ease of install of just the upper? Granted you do take the risk of slipping...my 0.02.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Usually that is the reason, but changing the lower is much more common nowadays than it was back in 2002-2004. It's more time but something most can do even on their own. I was just wondering if it was for another reason.

dohc32v

Established Member
seems to me it may be beacause of the ease of install of just the upper? Granted you do take the risk of slipping...my 0.02.

yes.would rather do an upper and not bother with a lower, when i have the funds i will port the blower.:rolling:

wuplash

Established Member
Personally I would rather mix a larger upper (like the 2.90/2.93) with a 4 lb. lower to insure the bare minimum of belt slip. Just out of curiosity, Wuplash, what made you go with the 2.60 upper instead of going with an upper/lower combo? I remember that 2.60 by the way. I had talked to Jim Reichard when he was doing it.

i went with the 2.60 to do something different than what anybody had done at that time.i do plan on adding a 4lb lower and a steg stage v sometime next year if all goes well and see what i can achieve with that combo.

keith89

Established Member
I have a 2.65 upper and 2 lb lower with billetflow idlers and a stage 4+ ported eaton. I get no slip. I was at the track for my first time last Thursday and ran an [email protected] with a 1.64 60'. I would suggest a port if you plan to push over 14psi.

wuplash

Established Member
I have a 2.65 upper and 2 lb lower with billetflow idlers and a stage 4+ ported eaton. I get no slip. I was at the track for my first time last Thursday and ran an [email protected] with a 1.64 60'. I would suggest a port if you plan to push over 14psi.

who's tune are you running and what track did you run at for your track times?

i know it was your first time at the track,but for the mods you listed the trap mph seems quite low.

keith89

Established Member
who's tune are you running and what track did you run at for your track times?

i know it was your first time at the track,but for the mods you listed the trap mph seems quite low.

I'm running an RWTD tune. I haven't had it dynotuned yet. I ran at Englishtown last Thursday. That is strange. I was trapping 119-121 throughout the day. I know i was getting a slight hesitation on my 2-3 shift, but i don't think it will affect mph that much. It pulls harder down low than when the same setup was on my friend's car. The difference was he had a 12" filter and magnaflow catted-x. Is it possible my 9" filter is limiting me at the top end?
my full mod list:
stage 4+ port
2.65/2lb lower
steeda cai(only a 9" filter)
sct ba-2400 maf
60 lb injectors
mrt catted-H
magnaflow catback
spec 2+
MT ET street radials 275/40/17

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread