1st C7ZR1 on the Dyno

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Homelink on the visor is a Ford thing. I believe most, if not all, other manufacturers put the buttons on the mirror. And even to this day, Homelink is still just an option. Then again, there's probably still more houses without garages than with. Maybe he just hadn't programmed it yet. He'd only had the car a few days when he filmed that video. Programming garage door openers is a nuisance that nobody looks forward to doing.......

LOL, you are so right about it being a nuisance. I often have to buy a 'repeater' to get the vehicle button to work with my Liftmaster openers.

It is on the visor. You can see it in the video next to his opener. He just hasn't programmed it yet. My C7Z has the garage buttons up there too.

Thanks, that's good to hear!

I've had two Vettes (C5 and C6) in recent years, both low-miles beautiful cars. My Vettes were somewhat fast, but these C7Z cars look scary fast!

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Really has me wondering if videos are that lucrative. It blows my mind really. It’s hard not to be a little jealous, having fun goofing off, and I’m here grinding away.
I think Mike is 23. Its crazy to own your own house and have multiple $100k+ cars at that age. All self made. Theres a video of him buying his mom a regular 30k car, i think he came from humble beginnings, aka he isnt rich like other youtubers (vehicle virgins).

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Traction wasn’t an issue though. He said he was taking it easy out of the hole bc he thought there would be traction issues. The et I understand but in cool weather at a track like cecil I expected it to be trapping at least 135.
True. He kept saying his 60' was horrible.
So, with the DR's and not taking it easy, he'll get a better time and bigger MPH. I'm guessing between 133-135MPH.

Zemedici

Established Member
I think Mike is 23. Its crazy to own your own house and have multiple $100k+ cars at that age. All self made. Theres a video of him buying his mom a regular 30k car, i think he came from humble beginnings, aka he isnt rich like other youtubers (vehicle virgins).

He's young, but had money prior to youtube (investing / stock portfolio)

D'ZR1 Messiah

Established Member
Exciting times for sure in the car world. I haven't been behind the wheel of a bad ass ride since I sold my Terminator back in 2015. Now I have one of these bad boys on order and can't wait to get on it!

D'ZR1 Messiah

Established Member
NICE!
Details man. We need details. lol
zr1_1.png

zr1o_1.png

D'ZR1 Messiah

Established Member
Jealous! When are you expecting?

Not sure man. This roll out has been super slow. There was a constraint on M7s for a while there but looks like that has been since lifted. Initially they were only doing A8s. I'm thinking within the next 3 or so months. I'm just happy to have an allocation to be honest and one that is at MSRP.

D'ZR1 Messiah

Established Member
If it was msrp why did you cross it out?

Because I'm not one to gloat. I feel when people put things out there like that on a car this expensive they are gloating at times (not everyone). If someone asks I have no problem with telling them...but as a rule of thumb that's just not me. I'm blessed beyond what I deserve to be able to afford this and feel it's not necessary.

Last edited:

Recon

Established Member
Impressive. This car is the only reason I returned to his channel. Most of his content now is clickbait nonsense that isn’t even worth watching. At least the videos of the ZR1 are more focused on the car than having 2 mins or less that’s actually relevant to the title of the video.

Pick your poison.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
Really has me wondering if videos are that lucrative. It blows my mind really. It’s hard not to be a little jealous, having fun goofing off, and I’m here grinding away.
Pretty sure I heard him mention in one of his videos that he's got an IT job. So he's not just getting all his money from youtube.

D'ZR1 Messiah

Established Member
Pretty sure I heard him mention in one of his videos that he's got an IT job. So he's not just getting all his money from youtube.
Actually Troy is the one that does IT (Network Engineer). Mike was doing something in the realm of financial advising at a small firm.

Last edited:

72SBC

Established Member
Because I'm not one to gloat. I feel when people put things out there like that on a car this expensive they are gloating at times (not everyone). If someone asks I have no problem with telling them...but as a rule of thumb that's just not me. I'm blessed beyond what I deserve to be able to afford this and feel it's not necessary.

But you’ll post your complete build sheet. Ok. Could have said orange 3zr, ya know?

D'ZR1 Messiah

Established Member
I know, but he threw out the MSRP after but crossed it out. Thought it was strange. Actually I don’t even know why it bothered me. Lol

It's a personal thing. I have a YouTube channel and even when I made a video talking about my order I never spoke about price. Even in my next video once the order is accepted I will go into detail about my order, but once again will not mention pricing. Just has always been a thing of mine to not rub how much something costs in people's face.

stang910

Established Member
This is an amazing car. I never thought too much of corvette's until the C7 came out. I'm probably going to pick up a C7 Z06 in the near future. Would love to get the ZR1, but I'd have to wait a few years to pick up a used one.

Users who are viewing this thread