1st C7ZR1 on the Dyno

Intervention302

Established Member
My Dad has a new ZR1 coming in. He cant wait. Went A8

Needs to sell his 2013 ZR1 3ZR now. I think it made 538whp bone stock if I can remember

Z06

Established Member
I think hes talking about troy lol. I used to watch SS717 a lot. But recently his videos are too clickbaity and spends to much time at shanes shop talking about nothing.

I have never seen Troy race or track his car. Well for that one time against Mike’s 570s. While I can appreciate what the Mclaren is, I rather see the vettes!

Jaysin

Established Member
Awesome car! I too used to watch his vids, but quit about 6 months ago or so, I feel like his success was going to his head and he started to seem like a douche to me. Not to mention the clickbait titles. However, more power to him though, gotta be nice to just make some GoPro vids and put them on YouTube and make a living good enough to afford all those toys. Looking forward to seeing them on the street, I still break my neck looking at the C7Z’s I come across out and about.

99BOSS

Established Member
That power seems spot on. I know for comparision a heads and cam gen 5 viper is rated at 750-760 flywheel hp and they put down 660s at the wheels.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
The new ZR1 sounds insanely awesome with the stock exhaust. Such a nice car.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
First hit on stock tires, manual trans, big power is tricky. Plus who knows track conditions.
Point is, props for running it not just dyno queen.
Let's see next passes.
-J

72SBC

Established Member
However, more power to him though, gotta be nice to just make some GoPro vids and put them on YouTube and make a living good enough to afford all those toys..

Really has me wondering if videos are that lucrative. It blows my mind really. It’s hard not to be a little jealous, having fun goofing off, and I’m here grinding away.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
On stock tires. He's going to go back with some DR's and try again.

Traction wasn’t an issue though. He said he was taking it easy out of the hole bc he thought there would be traction issues. The et I understand but in cool weather at a track like cecil I expected it to be trapping at least 135.

Detoxx03

El Cucuy
Established Member
First two passes in a new car after not owning a manual for a good while he didn’t do terrible. They are going back next weekend and I’m sure you’ll see huge improvements even on the stock tires.

Z06

Established Member
First two passes in a new car after not owning a manual for a good while he didn’t do terrible. They are going back next weekend and I’m sure you’ll see huge improvements even on the stock tires.
Agreed! He just gotta work on minimizing the bogging at launch. His shifts seemed good, so I believe he will get her down to 10's with more passes. If that don't work, give Fran the keys!

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Awesome factory car. Call me a nitpicker, but the first thing I noticed in the video was his aftermarket garage door opener clipped onto the visor. GM's gotta know that every single one of these cars gets kept in garage, so I can't freakin' believe they don't have the universal programmable door opener buttons on the visor.

Homelink on the visor is a Ford thing. I believe most, if not all, other manufacturers put the buttons on the mirror. And even to this day, Homelink is still just an option. Then again, there's probably still more houses without garages than with. Maybe he just hadn't programmed it yet. He'd only had the car a few days when he filmed that video. Programming garage door openers is a nuisance that nobody looks forward to doing.

That's where I've seen those rims before! Seems GM likes to copy Ferrari when it comes the the corvette.

Wait until you get to see the new C8 in the metal! It looks like a Gallardo and an F430 had a baby. The poor thing is going to look outdated as soon as it leaves the assembly line.

bigdave03svt

Established Member
Homelink on the visor is a Ford thing. I believe most, if not all, other manufacturers put the buttons on the mirror. And even to this day, Homelink is still just an option. Then again, there's probably still more houses without garages than with. Maybe he just hadn't programmed it yet. He'd only had the car a few days when he filmed that video. Programming garage door openers is a nuisance that nobody looks forward to doing.

It is on the visor. You can see it in the video next to his opener. He just hasn't programmed it yet. My C7Z has the garage buttons up there too.

Users who are viewing this thread