1K stock motor dyno

kino

Established Member
HellionCobra said:
went to the dyno yesterday. tested the first Hellion Y2K 82/88 street system. more details to follow soon.

car details: stock motor, stock cams, stock ignition, and stock exhaust manifolds.

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/7671/1kstockmotor0ek.jpg

Nate

Damn.....that is impressive!

So Urist was working on a y2k88 ic? Cool. Power keeps just going up like superman. Looks like 7000-7200 rpm redline will be a minimal on that turbo. I wonder if using aftermarket titanium springs and retainers with stock cams would allow for 7500 rpms or so.

kino

Established Member
Dude, you got one mean cobra. I like it. Funny thing is the supra record is right abotu where you are. Amazing how much easier turbos are on the motor versus blowers.

Hows it feel driving it?

One last question, how much boost was that at?

Last edited:

HellionCobra

More to come!
Established Member
kino said:
Hows it feel driving it?

One last question, how much boost was that at?

it is lazy for sure compared to the 76's. but once you are in boost it never drops out. if the 76 pulls like a freight train, then the Y2K pulls like a rocket.

25psi, 19 degrees, below 12 on af.

Nate

kino

Established Member
HellionCobra said:
it is lazy for sure compared to the 76's. but once you are in boost it never drops out. if the 76 pulls like a freight train, then the Y2K pulls like a rocket.

Nate

That turbo should have quite a bit more boost left in it. I bet you break 1100 rwhp once you get dialed in.

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
just curious, what were the "actual" uncorrected numbers?

Its nice to see someone is finally getting it that bigger is better. I bet that car hooks up on the street too with how that power comes on. Any pics of the monster turbo?

Im curious to know the uncorrected numbers though

Last edited:

Mike Rousch

Established Member
HellionCobra said:

Nate

good shit man, cant wait untill bowling green :nono: .lol

nix5o

Established Member
Congrats nate, thats some sick numbers. Urist is the man. How is the car's driviblity with the low impedence injectors and injector driver? Is that somthing thats good for a daily driver?

HellionCobra

More to come!
Established Member
nix5o said:
Congrats nate, thats some sick numbers. Urist is the man. How is the car's driviblity with the low impedence injectors and injector driver? Is that somthing thats good for a daily driver?

the injectors arent the hard part, it is having the mafia on setting 4 and making it drive. it has not been easy, but has decent drivability. still working on the tune up.

Nate

nix5o

Established Member
The mass air is the weak spot of tuning the stock efi. Which mass air are you using with the mafia?

Users who are viewing this thread