1999 Dark Satin GT Mustang...Pics & Vid

zeus201

Established Member
Got together with my buddy (JustaGT5408) and took some pics and vid. I have never seen this color and it is amazing. I actually had to look up the color after initially seeing the car. I wish this was a color option for the rest of the new edge years.

I started masking the plate but stopped because it was cool with the owner. Let me know what you guys think of the pics because I haven't used the camera (A200 with kit lens) in quite a while and felt rusty.

21of1.jpg

1-4.jpg

11of1.jpg

31of1.jpg

61of1.jpg

71of1.jpg

5-3.jpg

6-3.jpg

Here is the vid:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-bEEcDXnUA&hd=1"]YouTube - 1999 GT Mustang Exhaust: Long Tubes, O/R H, SLP LM1[/nomedia]

It is loud but I love it.

- Ryan

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
i'm sure its not everyones cup of tea but I think it sounds great man!!! Love the color and the stripes too

JustaGT5408

Established Member
thanks guys. zues201 did a great job on them IMO! i like the sound but it gets to be a little much at times. once i get the SLP mufflers sold im gonna pick up something else..

Last edited:

F8L BYT

Established Member
thanks guys. zues201 did a great job on them IMO! i like the sound but it gets to be a little much at times. once i get the SLP mufflers sold im gonna pick up some stingers instead..

Much better, I hate SLP mufflers, now their tips look awesome though! Nice car man

JustaGT5408

Established Member
yeah i love the tips especially, couldnt complain though, i picked up the whole catback system for $200. But i just got the SLP's sold tonight, wanna get the stingers, but the overall length will hinder me...... thinking of the xr-1's instead.

mineralstangt

Established Member
Nice looking car love the color but I've been wondering about the sound change from changing to long tubes because you car sounds identical to what my car sounded like with the MAC O/R Prochamber with LM1s and I still had stock headers . . . any imput? With the exhaust already having minimal back pressure due to the o/r mid pipe and basically a straight pipe (SLP LM1) at what point does having long tubes become beneficial for a bolt on GT like mine? HP increase? Is it suppose to sound different, louder? Sorry for the newbie question just curious because I have access to BBK LTs but I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble getting them in and cost effiency.

JustaGT5408

Established Member
looks great man! just looks high for some reason... what kind of springs are those? stock?
i have eibach pro-kit lowering in the front and eibach drag launch in the rear with no iso's.
Nice looking car love the color but I've been wondering about the sound change from changing to long tubes because you car sounds identical to what my car sounded like with the MAC O/R Prochamber with LM1s and I still had stock headers . . . any imput? With the exhaust already having minimal back pressure due to the o/r mid pipe and basically a straight pipe (SLP LM1) at what point does having long tubes become beneficial for a bolt on GT like mine? HP increase? Is it suppose to sound different, louder? Sorry for the newbie question just curious because I have access to BBK LTs but I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble getting them in and cost effiency.
as far as sound change i didnt notice a whole lot of difference from when i put them on, because i did the headers and midpipe all at the same time, so it was definitely a lot louder than just the catback. i never got it dyno'd before and after but from what i was reading it was close to 20-25hp at the crank. i did notice a slight difference before and after but nothing to big. im sure it would be more noticeable on a s/c or turbo app. for sure. its definitely a pain in the ass to put them in though. had a lift and everything, still took about 6 hours to do.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I really love the color. I had a DSG '03 Cobra and thought the color was the best. Had Dark Satin been an option I might have gone for it instead. I really like it. I heard your car and knew it was a LM1 without even noticing such in the video title. It does sound nice when you first hear it. It just slaps you in the face! But, yeah, it gets old pretty quick. Best of luck with your GT. Looks awesome! :rockon:

JustaGT5408

Established Member
I really love the color. I had a DSG '03 Cobra and thought the color was the best. Had Dark Satin been an option I might have gone for it instead. I really like it. I heard your car and knew it was a LM1 without even noticing such in the video title. It does sound nice when you first hear it. It just slaps you in the face! But, yeah, it gets old pretty quick. Best of luck with your GT. Looks awesome! :rockon:

Thanks a lot:beer: when i first saw the color i wasnt sure if i liked it or not, but it has really grown on me.. have to get a new vid up sometime, got the slp's sold last night and ordered some borla xr-1s :banana:

zeus201

Established Member
Thanks a lot:beer: when i first saw the color i wasnt sure if i liked it or not, but it has really grown on me.. have to get a new vid up sometime, got the slp's sold last night and ordered some borla xr-1s :banana:

let me know when you get them installed so we can get some new clips.

DOCHMACH1

Established Member
Looks good. Where did you get the running horse emblem that's on the rear seat delete?

JustaGT5408

Established Member
Looks good. Where did you get the running horse emblem that's on the rear seat delete?

Thanks:beer: i actually got bored the night i got done making the seat delete and had some extra 3/4" MDF board laying around, so i got the dremel tool out and thats what i came up with. haha

Users who are viewing this thread