1997 Mark Martin Valvoline Winston Cup Taurus

Cousin "It"

Established Member
Shouldn’t that vintage have been powered by an SVO V6, or it that close to the change over year?
A V6 would be correct. I know that V6s in Busch came in the late 80s. I think the rules were you could run a V8 but you had to run with a massive weight penalty that always was slower than the SVO V6 and the Buick V6.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
4.5L SVO V6

9a32279c56f43e0b49b65c8c432c9f89.jpg

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
If you want a Cup car, this one comes from a better looking era:

God yes!!!!!
I woulda totally paid that lol

And i start it and just revel in the deafness and smell in my garage lol

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Everyone talking late 80s-early 90s NASCAR gets internet cookies from me.

It’s almost purely nostalgia for me as I didn’t have the attention span to sit through a full (or quarter) race in my early elementary years. But my Sundays were church with mom, home for lunch, 15 minutes of NASCAR with my dad before I either got bored or my dad told me to go play because I wouldn’t stop talking.

Almost always ended with me and 30-40 Racing Champions, a few Matchbox cars, and plenty of self-made racecar soundtracks running laps around my bedroom floor.

Cousin "It"

Established Member
Everyone talking late 80s-early 90s NASCAR gets internet cookies from me.

It’s almost purely nostalgia for me as I didn’t have the attention span to sit through a full (or quarter) race in my early elementary years. But my Sundays were church with mom, home for lunch, 15 minutes of NASCAR with my dad before I either got bored or my dad told me to go play because I wouldn’t stop talking.

Almost always ended with me and 30-40 Racing Champions, a few Matchbox cars, and plenty of self-made racecar soundtracks running laps around my bedroom floor.

It truly is a most beautiful flavor of nostalgia. I had the exact same memories with my father in the late 90s and eary 2000. Probably the same 1:64 Racing Champions too.

Good times. Dad and I get to relive those moments at a couple races a year still, when adulting isn't in the way. I know others can relate as well.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread