1997 Mark Martin Valvoline Winston Cup Taurus

Cousin "It"

Established Member
Somebody buy this and tell me what it smells like.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Cousin "It"

Established Member
Depends on which track setup they went with. At best, I'd estimate somewhere in the high 10's. I'm sure it has been tried.
During HP rules package before the tapered space, Ford FR9s and Chevy R07s were pushing about 875 hp for 600 miles. They also ran dogbox Jerichos transmissions. Weight would be the biggest thing, 3400lbs with balanced lead. I always wondered how much a chassis weighed with no lead.

MG0h3

Established Member
Pretty cool!

Coming up on 30yrs old, I’d be concerned some of these specialty/race parts may not be manufactured anymore.

Wear items like brake components and shocks would be my concern.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
During HP rules package before the tapered space, Ford FR9s and Chevy R07s were pushing about 875 hp for 600 miles. They also ran dogbox Jerichos transmissions. Weight would be the biggest thing, 3400lbs with balanced lead. I always wondered how much a chassis weighed with no lead.

About 2400-2700 lbs depending on who did the actual chassis and other systems on board. Since some teams added stuff and othere either didn't have it or need it. Roush though used multi channel communications where all the drivers could talk to each other before it became a standard thing when it was just Martin and Musgrave running the 2 cars.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Cool video. I honestly expected the Nascar's gearing would hurt it, acceleration wise. But it was solid. Sounded great!

First Nascar I've seen on BaT. I see it sold for $30,000.

blk02edge

Established Member
In 1997 it was about $400-500,000 dollars.

I think todays it is almost $11 million for a top notch car I do know Neckcars cost more to build and run over Indy types which is just insane.
That would be closer to the teams actual running costs including two cars for the year... no way any Nascar costs anywhere near that to build.

Users who are viewing this thread