1997 Cobra edges STi and kills 94 5.0 *Vid*

T.Man

Established Member
Thanks man. It took some work on that shifting.

Haha STi? EVO? What car? I love me a turbo four :) I grew in the rally world. I'll send you a PM since we're actually looking to do some more runs. 11/12 wrx, ls2 GTO, mach 1, 05 STi, another mach 1, 11 STi.

Proper gears and shifting makes for a mean 4V :beer:

None of the above. It's an 09 Cobalt SS sedan that Ive tuned but is mechanically stock. All of those cars would be a lot of fun to run with. Which part of the Valley? East or west side?

T.Man

Established Member
just a tune dude? sorry but i don't think you've got it for the OP. Cool lil car though, handles insanely well:

And that's why I love this car.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see :rolling:

Last edited:

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
well a TBE, intake, bov stage 2 GARBAGE COBB tune 05 STi was enough to walk briskly away from a Mach w/ full exhaust, intake and a tune so....
Well that was just one mach 1; doesn't mean all of them. Could have been an ok driver in the mach rather than a pretty good one. Don't mean to come off rude just trying to explain what I mean. But a mach w/LT, exhaust, intake, tune should be pretty quick (12's forsure). Sounds like a good race though!

Proper gears and shifting makes for a mean 4V :beer:

None of the above. It's an 09 Cobalt SS sedan that Ive tuned but is mechanically stock. All of those cars would be a lot of fun to run with. Which part of the Valley? East or west side?
:beer:

Oh dear Lord he said Cobalt :nonono: just kidding I have nothing against them. I have actually seen some quick ones, from rolls. Hell there's one that was an LS version, guy slapped the stock SC and bolt ons it and ran low to mid 13's. Real good driver the way I saw him launch that thing at Firebird. The only thing done is a tune? I saw your FS (at least I think that's what it was, didn't read it all, thread) where you mentioned it had 300whp? Don't they need bolt ons for that? If you've got 300whp you should take me from a roll. I'm on the East side. Chandler, but I try to go to the pavilions on Saturday nights. Where are you located?

you don't bud. not happening. a tuned SS makes 260-265whp. from a dig or a roll, you're getting walked top end.
Is that really what they make tuned? If so I might have the advantage; but you know what they say never underestimate your opponent. If that's the case it should make for an interesting run. Welp the Cobra might see some little changes here soon :)

T.Man

Established Member
Oh dear Lord he said Cobalt :nonono: just kidding I have nothing against them. I have actually seen some quick ones, from rolls. Hell there's one that was an LS version, guy slapped the stock SC and bolt ons it and ran low to mid 13's. Real good driver the way I saw him launch that thing at Firebird. The only thing done is a tune? I saw your FS (at least I think that's what it was, didn't read it all, thread) where you mentioned it had 300whp? Don't they need bolt ons for that? If you've got 300whp you should take me from a roll. I'm on the East side. Chandler, but I try to go to the pavilions on Saturday nights. Where are you located?

LOL it's all good man. I used to get doused with haterade all the time in my previous SS/TC sedan. I know exactly of the car you're talking about. Good guy and a decently quick car.

My previous SS Sedan that I sold put down 357/404 with my tuning, ethanol blend, smooth tube for the intake and a downpipe ($670 total spent). When it was tune only with an ethanol blend, I put down 311/360 and caused the local Cobalt community to immediately make the switch as they couldn't believe it during a dyno day.

The car I have now doesn't run E (yet...) but is most likely around 290-300whp and about 340-350wtq with my tuning. Tune only cars vary depending on who is doing the tuning, how aggressive, canned tune vs custom etc. Not uncommon to see power vary from 270whp all the way to 300+ whp tune only.

I live on the east side as well (Mesa).

Is that really what they make tuned? If so I might have the advantage; but you know what they say never underestimate your opponent. If that's the case it should make for an interesting run. Welp the Cobra might see some little changes here soon :)

I didn't even bother to respond to him because I don't feel to need to argue. I'd rather have some friendly runs and let the car speak for itself. Win or lose, IDGAS :beer:

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Nice runs man....
Thank you sir!

LOL it's all good man. I used to get doused with haterade all the time in my previous SS/TC sedan. I know exactly of the car you're talking about. Good guy and a decently quick car.

My previous SS Sedan that I sold put down 357/404 with my tuning, ethanol blend, smooth tube for the intake and a downpipe ($670 total spent). When it was tune only with an ethanol blend, I put down 311/360 and caused the local Cobalt community to immediately make the switch as they couldn't believe it during a dyno day.

The car I have now doesn't run E (yet...) but is most likely around 290-300whp and about 340-350wtq with my tuning. Tune only cars vary depending on who is doing the tuning, how aggressive, canned tune vs custom etc. Not uncommon to see power vary from 270whp all the way to 300+ whp tune only.

I didn't even bother to respond to him because I don't feel to need to argue. I'd rather have some friendly runs and let the car speak for itself. Win or lose, IDGAS :beer:
Lol I'm not hating. My car isn't exactly top dog lol. I respect well done cars. Yeah, I don't know the guy personally but a friend knows and we happened to see it run. I was definitely impressed.

Wow now that's pretty impressive. Turbo techonology has really excelled lately. All these 4 bangers pack a punch nowadays. Good thing you aren't trying to race me with that one lol.

LOL "yet". That's a lot of torque; if that's the case I think I'm going to be seeing GM tail lights in the distance if we end up running. So you do some tunning eh? I've gotta say I am quite surprised.

I don't think I've seen your car around, although I am not in Mesa very often. Do you ever go to the pavilions?

YAWN.....what did i miss???..oh yeah nothing..carry on

Go ahead carry on. Sorry we don't all have new high horsepower cars. PS I like the fight you put up against the 5.0 guys, now those threads are a fun read.

Last edited:

SneakyPete

Banned

he doesn't bother to respond because he knows i know what he has. he's not very bright in case you haven't caught on...:sleeping:

Users who are viewing this thread