1996 Ford Mustang Cobra Convertible | Retro Review

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Good times in my buddy's Mystic Cobra.
Still the best sounding Mustangs IMO. How did we get so far off base from the 4.6 4V exhaust note to the crap that pours out of my 20 GTs tailpipes? LOL.
The NA 4vs certianly had the best exhaust notes...i mean the 03s sounded great too but im with ya the NA 4Vs sounded the best

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i was very close to buying one of these but no dealer local to me wanted to do the ford "A plan" on the cobras. so i settled for a 96 gt instead

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
i was very close to buying one of these but no dealer local to me wanted to do the ford "A plan" on the cobras. so i settled for a 96 gt instead
I had a similar problem...loved my 97GT in moonlite blue, sounded mean...but ****in slow lol

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Back in the day I had my choice of two 300hp Mustangs. A new '97 Cobra, or a still 'New' '95 R.

I went with the 2 valve version. :)

850SNCobra

Established Member
My 96' Cobra vert with the Mac Pro Chamber exhaust, still my fav stang til this day. Eff this Shelby even though it's a little bit quicker haha.

bird_dog0347

Established Member
I picked up a 97 Cobra Vert last year to take the engine/trans out of it for my 92 Coupe project since the Vert had a rebuilt title but also had a Vortec V1 with Aftercooler and a built T56 setup. After all was said and done I basically got the engine/trans/supercharger setup for $3500 out of pocket and it was running/driving when I got it. I did like the way it sounded with the flowmasters but I think I'll end up choosing different mufflers, what sounds best on these 4v's?

Users who are viewing this thread