1995 SVT Cobra

Venom351R

Established Member
Great mod list and nice looking car. I'm hoping to get back to NED sometime this year. Have not been b/c of a long and problematic mod process. If everything gets figured out I'll be back this year. Nice to see a fellow local cobra owner. Not to many of them around this area especially the 94/95's. Did you cobra come with the build # info? You can always order it from SVT if not

Last edited:

svt95cobra

Established Member
:banana:

Someone from my area. Ive never seen a 94/95 in my area at all. I owned a 97 Cobra Blk/Blk. But never a 5.0 Cobra. I love mine. Just wish I could drive it more. Maybe when I get home in June/July we could do a trip to the strip together. Sounds like you are heavily modified compaired to me, but sounds like a mean car. Do you have pics? Where abouts in Maine do you live, I grew up in Berwick, ME.

Don't have the cert for the build number yet, I have the website saved. Gotta do that.

ronlp

Established Member
I would personally reconsider the steeda clutch cable. All those adjustable cables are cheapies from Taiwan that don't have an inner liner like the oe one, so they feel awful and don't last. The one that MM sells uses an oe cable modified for their adjuster and works and feels so much better. It's also longer than stock, which allowed me to route it away from hot turbo piping. I've also modified an oe cable for an adjuster myself for a previous car, but found that its actually cheaper to buy it from them.

svt95cobra

Established Member
I would personally reconsider the steeda clutch cable. All those adjustable cables are cheapies from Taiwan that don't have an inner liner like the oe one, so they feel awful and don't last. The one that MM sells uses an oe cable modified for their adjuster and works and feels so much better. It's also longer than stock, which allowed me to route it away from hot turbo piping. I've also modified an oe cable for an adjuster myself for a previous car, but found that its actually cheaper to buy it from them.

Thank you Ronlp, I went ahead and ordered the Maximum Motorsports kit. I will be selling the Steeda kit. Its very nice to have fellow Cobra owners helping out. Didn't like what I read about Steedas kits. Google popped up with many posts through out Mustang forums and google popped up only links to buy Maximum motorsports kits as well as recommendations from fellow mustang owners that these kits are the way to go. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread