1995 SVT Cobra

svt95cobra

Established Member
Hey everyone. Couldnt really figure out where someone new would post, but this is what i picked. Owned many 5.0's but never a sn95 cobra. Just bought it this weekend. Its mostly stock, except a full exhaust and a hood and wheels. Was wondering what everyone would recommend first mods. Bought some suspension for it and CAI. want to do a tune up.

37032d1364915473-newest-purchase-1110.jpg

37033d1364915486-newest-purchase-909.jpg

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
Nice pick up. SFC and short throw would be my first mods....fairly cheap and the benefits are dramatic.

What suspension mods did you get? What are the plans for the car? Street, track, strip, etc?

svt95cobra

Established Member
Thanks guys. Just Bilsteins front and rear, upper and lower control arms and bushings. I bought a Steeda Tri ax for it, already has some kind of short throw the base is blue i saw it from under the car. Has BBK shortys and no name catless h-pipe and factory catback with chrome tips welded on. Like the way it sounds. Owner put the most horrible ebay tail lights on it. :( Gotta find a set of factorys. Def not a track car, would be mostly street with some strip thrown in. I live 2 miles from New England Drag way.... so i kinda like going there. haha.

Just saw Hellion released a single turbo for the 94/95 cars. Not Cobra specific though. Also really like Intercooled Prochargers. :)

svt95cobra

Established Member
Yeah way too much gap. Looks horrible. Unsure of how low to go though. I had 2 inch drop front and rear on my sn95 gt and hated how it rode and had zero clearance. Live in NH and roads are horrible. Any sugggestions?

Tickle

Established Member
1.5" Eibachs work well for me. I also recommend full length subframe connectors, I just had mine installed and wish I would have done that first. It will help with rise quality on bad roads too.

Nice looking ride, welcome to the cobra club!

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Looks beautiful! And if you plan on getting lowering springs (depending on what you like) I wouldnt go with eibachs. I have them now and they're still just a tad too tall for me. I'm planning on going with H&R Super Sport springs soon.

flS/R

Established Member
looks good. The front bumper is just sex. The first mod I would do to it is to put the factory wheels back on. That style is very nice, especially in chrome, but the factory wheels just have that cool look to them which would suit that car well

6.jpg

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
looks good. The front bumper is just sex. The first mod I would do to it is to put the factory wheels back on. That style is very nice, especially in chrome, but the factory wheels just have that cool look to them which would suit that car well

6.jpg

You crazy.. My factory wheels disgust me :xpl:

Brian95SVT

Established Member
Welcome fellow CW '95 Cobra owner :D

My build thread is in my sig for some ideas!

My vote is get all the maintenance taken care of. After that a gear. The parts you listed that you've picked out sound like you're on the right track though!!

You crazy.. My factory wheels disgust me :xpl:

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking.

dynamo

Established Member
welcome, i have a procharger and its awsome, love the whine.
i would go with a 4:10 gear change.

svt95cobra

Established Member
Woops. Sorry i couldnt get to this until now, submarine business is busy right now.

Ill keep in mind about the H&R springs, when you install them send me a PM and let me know what you think. I wont be home until Juneish so until then she sleeps in the garage.

Cam + Vortech. I could, but i kinda have my mind set on the Hellion kit.

I hate those wheels too. I really like the Saleens and im glad you have them on your car! Wondered how they would look, beautiful. :)

I love seeing all of these white 95 cobras. :)

1of723....they have not updated it yet. You can email them. I have. Also go here this is a direct website to it.

Hellion Mustang Single Turbo System (94-95) 5.0

I will look at your sig and check the build out. Thank you

Also i need to replace clutch. Hits very high, but doesnt slip. So i was looking at Spec stage 2 and aluminum flywheel. Any suggestions would be helpful as well. It needs rear tail lights bad, the guy before me put the ugliest ones on it. :bash:

FSSNK

Established Member
1.5" Eibachs work well for me. I also recommend full length subframe connectors, I just had mine installed and wish I would have done that first. It will help with rise quality on bad roads too.

Nice looking ride, welcome to the cobra club!

This! Definetly do full length SFC's first. Just had mine done and wish I would have done it first. Good looking car BTW., just lower it.

svt95cobra

Established Member
Yup, this is on the mod list. Number one actually, then clutch. Any recommendations on manufacture?? Maximum motorsports??

Users who are viewing this thread