1995 SVT Cobra

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Woops. Sorry i couldnt get to this until now, submarine business is busy right now.

Ill keep in mind about the H&R springs, when you install them send me a PM and let me know what you think. I wont be home until Juneish so until then she sleeps in the garage.

Cam + Vortech. I could, but i kinda have my mind set on the Hellion kit.

I hate those wheels too. I really like the Saleens and im glad you have them on your car! Wondered how they would look, beautiful. :)

I love seeing all of these white 95 cobras. :)

1of723....they have not updated it yet. You can email them. I have. Also go here this is a direct website to it.

Hellion Mustang Single Turbo System (94-95) 5.0

I will look at your sig and check the build out. Thank you

Also i need to replace clutch. Hits very high, but doesnt slip. So i was looking at Spec stage 2 and aluminum flywheel. Any suggestions would be helpful as well. It needs rear tail lights bad, the guy before me put the ugliest ones on it. :bash:

Try adjusting the clutch before you go and replace it

svt95cobra

Established Member
Has a short throw of some kind in it now, Anodized blue base??? I have a brand new Tri-ax in my garage unopened i am going to swap it with. May have a different trans in it, i have never driven a T-5 that feels this amazing, and tight. Weird.

I tried pulling up on the pedal to see if i could get it to do anything, got no where. any other ways to adjust?

Tickle

Established Member
I think the blue anodized base is a b&m ripper. The PO installed that in mine, I don't know any better so I'm gonna wait for a while til I replace it. Def go with Maximim Motorsports full length SFCs.

svt95cobra

Established Member
Just an update...

So I went ahead and purchased some parts.

RAM Powergrip Clutch
RAM Aluminum Flywheel
Rear Main Seal
Cobra Shift knob
Tail shaft seal
Torque Box reinforcement kit
Tach bracket from UPR
Autometer tach
Maximum Motorsports Full length SFC
Ford racing diff cover, gasket and Royal Purple fluid
Mluti-function switch ( Wipers inop, until washers pushed )
Throw out bearing and pilot bearing
Front left and right side mirrors ( Drivers side glass loose )
TPS and IAC
BBK fuel pressure regulator and gauge
Diamond black headlights
Rear Factory cobra taillights from Prestige Mustang salvage yard
MSD cap and rotor
Performance distributors TFI module
Temp gauge sending unit
Radiator hose kit with hose clamps
Thermostat (180) and housing
Prop rod clip
Front and rear Cobra slotted rotors from Powerstop
Hawk ceramic pads front and rear
Steeda clutch cable kit
Poly transmission mount
Fuel filter
Royal purple manual trans fluid kit
Screaming demon wire set
Radiator cap
Ford racing waterpump kit
Pa alternator

Have waiting at home for install:

Smog delete
Steeda Tri-ax
Upper and lower control arms
Bushing replacement tool and poly bushings
Alpines newest USB, IPOD, Blutooth cd player
Bilstein front and rear shocks

Should keep me busy for a bit once I can finally get home.

Also cant decide on springs. Ill wait for shock install when I can decide what I want. Should be home in June/July. So I have time to decide.

Will need rear end fluid and spark plugs. NGKs? Autolites? Motorcrafts?

Also am going to "Plasti-dip" my cobra r's WHITE.

Last edited:

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
Few things on that list I would have not bought as you dont really need them and some things I would have substituted for something else.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Don't plastidip your wheels white....

And if you do get the Hellion kit, I'd love to see how it turns out. I'm picking up yet another '94 Cobra tomorrow.

svt95cobra

Established Member
Don't plastidip your wheels white....

And if you do get the Hellion kit, I'd love to see how it turns out. I'm picking up yet another '94 Cobra tomorrow.

I really like the Saleen White on white. And ive used it before its a easy way to get a color you like but can still peel it off after if you don't like it. Ill let you know about the Hellion for sure.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Fine but promise me this - you'll tint the shit out of those windows! Contrast is your friend.

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
Im interested in what you have to say. I wont be offended if you say what you have in mind.

Take no offense in the following:

-The Ram Flywheel, only because the factory Cobra flywheel is lighter than the GT flywheel. If the factory flywheel has been machined one time too many, then I'd replace it.
-Skip the Autometer tach, tach bracket and get a shift light instead.
-BBK Fuel Pressure Regulator. A Kirban brand would the better choice.
-Performance Distributors TFI module. If the stock Ford one is still working, keep it. If it craps out, replace it with another Ford/Motorcraft unit.
-PA Alternator, the stock alternator is a 140 amp alternator. If it craps out, replace it with another stock replacement unit. They work fine, unless you need their 200 amp unit for something like a crazy stereo system.

Just trying to help a fellow Cobra owner not waste money on something thats not really needed.

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
As for springs, H&R or Eibach. Have a look through the various picture threads and see how the other cars are lowered and how you would like yours to sit.

Spark plugs, nothing wrong with the Motorcraft spark plugs. You really dont need anything fancy like an iridium or platinum, regular copper core plugs are fine.

Rear end fluid, Royal Purple is fine as well. 75W140 will be good.

svt95cobra

Established Member
Take no offense in the following:

-The Ram Flywheel, only because the factory Cobra flywheel is lighter than the GT flywheel. If the factory flywheel has been machined one time too many, then I'd replace it.
-Skip the Autometer tach, tach bracket and get a shift light instead.
-BBK Fuel Pressure Regulator. A Kirban brand would the better choice.
-Performance Distributors TFI module. If the stock Ford one is still working, keep it. If it craps out, replace it with another Ford/Motorcraft unit.
-PA Alternator, the stock alternator is a 140 amp alternator. If it craps out, replace it with another stock replacement unit. They work fine, unless you need their 200 amp unit for something like a crazy stereo system.

Just trying to help a fellow Cobra owner not waste money on something thats not really needed.

Not offended at all. Unsure of how many times the flywheel had been machined, I went ahead and went for this while I got a new clutch. The Autometer tach I already had for my fox, but I decided to install in this car instead. The alternator is very wacky on this car ive noticed, the voltage gauge goes wild sometimes and it squeeks a lot at idle mostly. I think its a 130amp...factory Cobras have 140? I could always return it and just buy a factory from the parts store?

Thanks for the info. :beer:

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
Not offended at all. Unsure of how many times the flywheel had been machined, I went ahead and went for this while I got a new clutch. The Autometer tach I already had for my fox, but I decided to install in this car instead. The alternator is very wacky on this car ive noticed, the voltage gauge goes wild sometimes and it squeeks a lot at idle mostly. I think its a 130amp...factory Cobras have 140? I could always return it and just buy a factory from the parts store?

Thanks for the info. :beer:

Ahh shit, I meant 130 amp is the factory, not sure why I enter 140.
Either way, a parts store replacement or one from a local alternator/starter rebuilder is good. I can get one from a local rebuilder for $100, not sure what pricing is like in your area. Better than paying PA Performance prices.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
The PA alternator is a good piece. I would not regret that purchase. My 200amp has been kicking for years

Users who are viewing this thread