1990 Mustang Notch 5.0 5 Speed

slow90coupe

Established Member
Ok, i ill try to explain this as honestly as I can. We cut the panel off of the donor car from the middle of the side molding on down. When we started sanding and stripping everything off of mine, we started to notice that the bondo seems to go up a little farther than the side molding (about 3 inches i believe). It will just require another patch panel to be welded on, or if you wanted to make it perfect, you could do a whole quarter panel skin. But it still looks better than it did before, I sprayed a little bit of the paint I used on my engine bay over it so it's all one color. If you know a good body man, it would be an easy fix. I got quoted at $1700 to fix the quarter panel, fix the front bumper (it's kinda rough but not busted amazingly), and fix the cowl panel, AND paint the entire car back Wild Strawberry.

Here's a current pic of the car just for the hell of it..
DSCN2914.jpg

DSCN2762.jpg

Last edited:

slow90coupe

Established Member
Here ya go... taken about 5 mins ago. Looks a little better, but still damaged lol. Plus I had some 315s under it for a few days, so it's sitting really high so they didn't rub still... gotta lower it back down since it's got the little tires back under it

DSCN2928.jpg

blake_colvin

Established Member
Okay thanks man thats not bad at all, deff able to live with that, im also currently deployed but if its still there when i get back id love to check it out and test drive the car.
Thanks alot

slow90coupe

Established Member
Thanks guys! I'm not in any rush to sell by any means.. It has some issues that need to be sorted through, but I'm slowly working at it and getting it to a decent point. Just put new valve cover gaskets on to slow down an oil leak. Now it's only a few drops a week. The rear of the intake gasket is the last culprit. After this, the car should be leak free besides an occasional drop of trans fluid. Also, one of my wheel studs stripped out. so i'm having to drill it out, which sucks! But all in all it's a pretty good little car. Just needs to be driven more, and when I get my license (i'm 15), trust me, it will get drove!!!

02trubluegt

Semper Fi
Established Member
Man If i was home I def trade you my 02Gt prob plus somew cash for this. I need to get home asap!!

blake_colvin

Established Member
Idk if i missed it or something but i was wondering if the car has ever been on the dyno and or if you know what it would put down to the wheels ?

also was wondering what wheels come with the car ?

Still intrested in the car but dont get back till early december, Thanks

slow90coupe

Established Member
Idk if i missed it or something but i was wondering if the car has ever been on the dyno and or if you know what it would put down to the wheels ?

also was wondering what wheels come with the car ?

Still intrested in the car but dont get back till early december, Thanks

It was supposed to be heading down to Pro-Dyno next weekend for their dyno day, but I have to work. I would say it puts down an honest 324-330RWHP. It is STRONG for a heads,cam intake car. My buddy has a calypso hatch that put down 318RWHP and 330-something RWTQ and my car will outrun him, and I have let him drive it and he agrees that it feels a good amount faster than his. It will come with the Prostars. Here's some pics I took a few days ago. It's got a lot of little things that are new since the last update.Now has 99-04 PBR brakes up front too.

DSCN3065.jpg

DSCN3067.jpg

DSCN3074.jpg

DSCN3068.jpg

DSCN3077.jpg

DSCN3079.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread