1969 Camaro Restomod Project Thread

Blue Blitz

Established Member
I've been on Pro-Touring since 04. The build is posted on Lateral-G which is a spinoff site.

They definitely have done the 69 camaro quiet a few times over there. I'm calling it restomod because it will have the pro-touring look but dont want to go to the extent that most those guys do to make the car handle. End of the day it's a 69 camaro, it's not going to handle on rails without significant money and in that event I'd rather have a C6Z to take around track.

More updates to come. Headed to the Super Chevy event.

skyhighsd

Established Member
Very cool, how can anyone not like first gen camaro's. Good luck with everything and I am looking forward to seeing the progress!

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
OK - let the flaming begin I guess. Am I missing something here. Dont you folks have a Camaro site to post your pics and story on now that they are building the Camaro again. I dont get it. I bet they dont make mullet jokes over there.

:rollseyes

I love seeing build threads, I'm glad he posted it. Lots of people on this site own vehicles other than Mustangs or Lightnings. :read:

Looks like a good start, Will! Can't wait to check back for more pics along the way. :beer:

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
i will be home in december, you two have to let e take ya'll out to dinner or something and i will even bring the martin along so kat can see it. i will be taking on a large resto project when i first get home, 74 f100 but in a protouring fashion.

keep this one updated, i love to see anything being built, alot of great ideas come from these types of threads. take care.

Blue Blitz

Established Member
i will be home in december, you two have to let e take ya'll out to dinner or something and i will even bring the martin along so kat can see it. i will be taking on a large resto project when i first get home, 74 f100 but in a protouring fashion.

keep this one updated, i love to see anything being built, alot of great ideas come from these types of threads. take care.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I hope it's nice when finished. Just hoping it can be done in time now for PT2011.

74 truck will be awesome since there aren't many of them it will be more "unique" than the always present first gen.

Definitely need to get together when you're back. I know I'm going to hate you already if you're bringing the AM...

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Ok update for today.

Went to Super Chevy at HRP and walked around/checked out the nice cars in the area. Swap meet brought me to the Camaro Country guys. Talked to them a bit and I think I'm going to take the car down there to get blasted. Also may have them do the quarters on the car. I'll check out their place when they blast it and maybe ask for some references to discuss with customers.

We got back from Super Chevy and decided to tear into the 69 even further. Burgers and beer later we got a good bit accomplished!
Front end coming apart. Grille removed, bumper removed and lower valence coming off.
1004002854_HiSyX-L.jpg

Trunk and spoiler removed.
1004002991_HKC3k-L.jpg

Bumper/lights removed.
1004003454_ZdMcq-L.jpg

Engine is coming out!
1004004784_NUiGj-L.jpg

1004004453_SH7Wt-L.jpg

1003957731_b2rgR-L.jpg

1003958423_QprHA-L.jpg

1003959151_fgwfv-L.jpg

That's all we got done today. Was a FULL day. Tomorrow I got chores/etc to do, will try to clean up the garage and put the tools up that we used. Trans will get pulled off as it's sold, engine will get loaded up as it's sold as well. Going to keep taking panels off and then throw it all on a trailer/bed of the truck and take it to get it blasted.

William

Blue Blitz

Established Member
I think it will slow down some now. Going back into the office so working on it at night and also down the the smaller tasks that will take time. I'll start pulling body panels off and getting that ready for paint. Then maybe start collecting engine parts. I'll try to keep updating this thread though!

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
What type of media are you going to use to blast it? Clean up is always a bitch, but the end result is great :thumbsup:

Sitnlopro99gt

Established Member
Thanks for taking the time to post a thread like this I know it can be extra work sometimes when you just want to take things apart and having all the pictures taken in between can be a pain. Coming along nicely.....

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Thanks for the comments. As for the media. It will be soda blasted. Place doing it I am confident will do it correctly. It's their sole business. I will make sure when I take the car by to see their operation before leaving the car with them.

As said the whole car will be done inside and out so I'll know exactly what I'm working with rust wise. Going to get the car back to tip top shape. Want it done right the first time.

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Yea just a few updates. Work has been dominating my time lately.

Got the front end pulled from the car (all sheet metal). Looks like fenders are going to be replaced as well.

This past weekend I stripped the wiring from the inside. Got the LT1 sold (w/ wiring and PCM). Working on getting the shell ready for some prep work.

Looks like I'll be buying at a minimum the following:
Rear quarter panels
Rear outer wheel housings
DSE minitub inner wheel housings
Front fenders w/ extensions
Tail panel
Door skins
Trunk pan patch panel
Transmission tunnel patch panel
DSE smooth firewall fill plate

MAY have to include the following to that list:
Trunk lid
Rocker panels
trunk extensions

I'm sure there is more that will be added to that list as we get closer. Found a good company that is working with me as I need LOTS of parts. They're willing to ship it ALL for $150 bucks.

Going to be getting the panels and maybe a few areas of the car blasted. So many panels are being replaced I may not have the "whole" car blasted as much is leaving anyway. Probably get the jams, the interior, engine bay and roof blasted as well as a few areas I'm unsure of the rust damage.

I'll add pics soon, just don't have my camera with me right now.

William

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Few pic updates. Nothing too serious as far as pics. Hope to get more work done on it this weekend and more photos to be included. Car currently looks similar to this. From these pics, I've removed all the wiring you can see and the heater box.

1048839456_mXT3B-XL.jpg

1048839515_ZXmbU-XL.jpg

1048839620_JrYbB-XL.jpg

1048839653_YoZi4-XL.jpg

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
I saw you driving this on the highway during the OU/TX (football) weekend. Looked sick!! My buddies were freakin' out because I was turned completely around looking at it for a good half mile while driving haha. Good luck with the project!! I hope to be able to do a '69 camaro or a Fastback someday...

Users who are viewing this thread