1965 Shelby Daytona

281cubes

Wish I Had an SVT
Hey guys. I was at a car show this passed weekend in Port Washington, WI and saw this bad dog there. This is seriously one of the coolest cars I've ever seen, even though it's a replica. Snapped these pics before the owner put the chains around it. :D Enjoy!

DSCN0570.jpg

DSCN0571.jpg

DSCN0574.jpg

DSCN0573.jpg

firebird1999us

Established Member
Yeah that looks like a Superformance since it's got a Roush engine in it...those things are sreiously sweet!:bowdown:

And as I recall Peter Brock who designed the originals actually did the design work for these so it's not like they're some bastard replica or something like that...anyways in terms of performance C/D did a track test on one not long ago and found that it was right up there with the C6 Z06, although it costs like $90k+.

In any case I also watched a show called Victory by Design where the guy drove one and then made the statement that you could buy like 100 of them for the price of what the orignals sell for:eek:

Also I recall Superformance being certified by Shelby, or being given Shelby VINs or something of that nature...

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Oh wow! That is absolutely one of the nicest replicas I've ever seen. Gorgeous! Everything just looks so well done. Especially that motor. Me likes! Me loves! :)

myndgruv

Established Member
NewFoundPower said:
Love the car but that ass end just doesn't do it for me.

The car was made to go fast and beat the snot outta everyone else...

i dont think he was to worried about making the back of the car the hottest thing on wheels.

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Last edited:

281cubes

Wish I Had an SVT
I saw this guy getting off the freeway on the way to the show with an AC Cobra. I recognized the Cobra right away, of course, but I had no idea what this thing was. They got off on a different exit from me, but ended up two cars apart in line to get in anyway. It was sweet. There I was in line, Daytona and Cobra in front of me and a Pantera behind. :rockon: I felt so insignificant. ha ha

Users who are viewing this thread