190mph 1/2 Mile S550

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I attended my first WannaGoFast 1/2 Mile event this past weekend, had an absolute blast! I was able to go 190mph on my last pass, which was my goal. MPR sleeved motor, Hellion twin 62's, tuned by Ken Bjonnes. She makes about 1100whp through an auto, and was trapping 152mph through the qtr on an unprepped surface. This is about the most fun you could have in a car, can't wait to do it again!

IMG_9347_zpskkswzdin.jpg

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
Very nice! I was there spectating and saw the 190 pass. These events made me decide 755rwhp isn't enough, so it's time to man up and change that.

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
Congrats. Me and my buddies came by spoke to you about your car. Glad you got that 190 mark. How did you get it into 5th? I know you said your tune didn't allow it?

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Congrats. Me and my buddies came by spoke to you about your car. Glad you got that 190 mark. How did you get it into 5th? I know you said your tune didn't allow it?

My first 2 passes my trans would not shift at 177mph (4th or 5th gear), but Ken Bjonnes quickly fixed that problem. I kept shifting the car myself until I just held her to the ground and let her shift on her own, immediately went 190, I made one pass that was 153 in the qtr which would have been a 191-192 pass but the timing equipment didn't register the 1/2 mile mph. My next pass I went 152 which was a 190.8.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Absolutely flying! Congrats! Aiming for that 200 mark?

Not sure yet, 10mph is a big stretch, not sure I want to put that stress on my motor. The wheels are turning though, I'm considering turning her into a half mile car, weight reduction, bigger snails, spray, who knows. I do know that I'm hooked, this is a lot more fun then conventional drag racing, believe it or not I feel safer as well, no walls anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread