16' Camaro. Some Official Photos.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
The only reason I said auto, was to cut off the inevitable excuse about the losing driver not being able to shift.

And that's why I said drivers race, the mustang should be close enough to take him based on less driving mistakes.

From an hardware point of view I see the stick running 12.2 with the auto at 12 flat at 115/116. Faster than the GT very close to the 12/13 Boss!

Rct851

Established Member
Unless the weight loss completely didn't happen this thing should be pretty fast. The stock exhaust looks like even more of an anchor than most stock exhaust as well so from a modding view that's even. Ore easy weight to lose. So far I like it.

ElCoyote

Lord SVT Contributor
Established Member
As it stands, (VERY similar weight than the S550 but with 455hp/ 455tq) I'd rather own the new 6th Gen SS over the current S550 GT platform. The S550 had a WORLD of hype behind it and until the GT350 is released, the S550 hasn't fully lived up to much of that BIG hype many of us would have expected from a complete redesign like the SN95 2v -> New Edge 2v or New Edge 2v -> S197 3v or S197 3v -> S197 4v

I know some might rebuttal with "but some of those had new engines altogether" and I agree. But they had a hype behind their respective redesigns that they lived up to.

I'll also agree that the front of the S550 looks more appealing in general than the 6th Gen. Camaro, but the rear end of the S550 well... :dw:

Take note that the entire Camaro line-up comes standard with Brembo Brakes now too..

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
So am I the only one who thinks it looks virtually the same as the current model? Ok they changed the tail lights but come on. It's like the change from the mustang in '12 to '13.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
It looks the same. It looks poor in my mind. It still looks bloated and thick and heavy. Gm groupies were saying a year ago ats chassis it will be 3300lbs. We are here and it's still 3700lbs.

Last edited:

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
It looks the same. It looks poor in my mind. It still looks bloated and thick and heavy. Fm groupies were saying a year ago ats chassis it will be 3300lbs. We are here and it's still 3700lbs.

Don't forget, Dave Pericak personally said the S550 would be about 200lbs. lighter than the S197. Here we are, and it's 100lbs. heavier. At least the Camaro lost weight. Both cars will be equal there now. Ford needs some power train tweaks and some new shocks.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
As it stands, (VERY similar weight than the S550 but with 455hp/ 455tq) I'd rather own the new 6th Gen SS over the current S550 GT platform. The S550 had a WORLD of hype behind it and until the GT350 is released, the S550 hasn't fully lived up to much of that BIG hype many of us would have expected from a complete redesign...

The new mustang was going to be better outside(it is), better inside(it is), better handling(it is), more comfort(it is), smaller(same size, barely wider and shorter and rides lower), and less weight(it is not).

The new mustang is a hit in sales but will always be looked at poorly because of rampant bad speculation that it would lose a lot of weight! But wait, it performs better. Yes but still slower on track than a heavier camaro. The question is why? This Camaro is for the track: wide tires, stiff suspension, sticky tires stock.

Imo the new mustang loses performance credibility because Ford chose to make the track pack somewhat comfortable for the street. Pobst even said, its to stiff for the street but too soft for the track!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Don't forget, Dave Pericak personally said the S550 would be about 200lbs. lighter than the S197. Here we are, and it's 100lbs. heavier. At least the Camaro lost weight. Both cars will be equal there now. Ford needs some power train tweaks and some new shocks.

The interesting thing was everyone I talked to said it was not losing weight or size. Even DBK said in 2012 that the new mustang would be the same size. He said it would be cm smaller not feet or inches if I remember correct on this forum! Pericak was in a dream world.

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
collage_20150522205853775.jpg
hmmm.....

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Lol at all the " it looks like this car "
Every car ever made resembles something according to some here.

People bitched on here the S550 looked like an Accord Coupe. Everyone should stick to Foxes and sN95 Mustangs built on a platform from 1979. As you make more money just keep buying the same tired cars. Makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread