'15 Mustang GT = 435HP, Ecoboost = 310HP

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
lower than expected i feel?

R&T

Ford first showed us the 2015 Mustang in December, and we’ve been on a slow information drip ever since. Pricing and juicy new Track Apps have trickled out but, alas, an official horsepower rating has remained conspicuously absent… until now.

Here are the official numbers, straight from Ford, "pending certification." For this sixth generation, the base 3.7-liter V6 model’s power rating drops from 305 hp to 300 hp. Torque holds steady at 280 lb-ft.

RELATED: Now there’s more 2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 ‘Ring video

The GT, which uses a rowdier version of the outgoing 5.0-liter Coyote V8, now has 435 hp and 400 lb-ft of twist, up 15 hp and 10 lb-ft from its predecessor.

In EcoBoost guise, the 2015 Mustang offers 310 hp and 320 lb-ft torque from its 2.3-liter turbocharged four-cylinder on 93-octane gasoline. It's a twin-scroll turbo—the first ever used on a Ford. Whether that will be enough to win over Pony purists is still to be determined.

The big discussion topic will doubtless be that the V6 has been dialed back, presumably to but more space between it and the step-up EcoBoost. As for the latter's 2.3 turbo, we have to believe there's plenty of upside left in that one, too.

Last edited:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
not sure how i feel about this, I'll wait til its tested to decide if it's a dissapointment or not.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
My guess is this is underrated and dynos will show close to 450. Like the 03-04 Cobras and how they were underrated. Just like BMW did...

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Well I was correct in that it still hasn't been certified. Looks like Ford gave into the pressure for numbers. I'm betting severely underrated.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
That is not good news. In one of the many threads regarding the Euro stang, I stated and you can quote me, it would need 450 to run in a straight line with the outgoing model. This car will be atleast .2ths slower then the 14's. Additional weight and the IRS are the culprits.

Just like in 1994, the output bump wasn't enough to compensate for the additional weight of the superior SN95 over a Foxbody.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
You really like this car, don't you?
seriously. alot of hopes and dreams going on here.

i for one highly doubt it's underrated. Ford's been fairly specific with it's power numbers lately. and with the new SVT product looking like it'll use a lower HP, NA, 5.0 derived motor, they most likely don't want the GT being close in power or performance.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
You really like this car, don't you?

The only thing that I've gotten excited for with this next gen is the car on the Ring. But I've watching enough Mustangs roll out to not underestimate Ford. I wouldn't be surprised if this first model year is watered down and then heats up in the following years unleashing the full potential just like 05-14. The car won't be shit though, it's gonna perform.

BMR Tech

15HP gain for the model I ordered, and only a 54lb increase - I sure do hope that's correct!

Heavier cars typically have easier ways to remove weight.

My car is going to haul ass. Woot!

BMR Tech

$100 says "package for package".....and intake/tune for intake/tune.....the '15 will play the gap band.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
All cars are heavy now because of crash regulations. Heavy compared to what a vette(ok), a camaro (lol), a challenger(rolmflmfao!)? It's lighter than a 10-11 year old terminator. The car will regain it's rightful spot at the top of it's segment.
Does it matter?

The car is still a loaded fat pig

BMR Tech

I actually like that comparison, a lot.

2004 = $33K for a 430HP Mustang with IRS
2015 = $33K for a 435HP Mustang with IRS (only, this 435 is the rated power, which will likely prove to be "underrated")

If anyone can complain about this, I just don't see how. Both have solid engines good for atleast 650-700rwhp. The S550 comes with what will likely be a MUCH better IRS. The S550 will also have the option for an auto, with paddle shifters.... Both around the same weight. One is N/A, one S/C.

Just don't compare trucks now.... lol Truck prices are insane...

Cowboytk

Grey Ghost
Established Member
i am a bit disappointed with 435..i was expecting more. I am impressed with the 310/320 from the ecoboost though. I feel like maybe ford will be trying to limit the 5.0 to enhance the ecoboost.

Users who are viewing this thread