15+ brembos fit our car?

esonu

Established Member
I've been trying to find out if they would fit our cars cuz I can get a good deal on them. I've googled but can't get a accurate answer. Thanks.

mycroft

Established Member
Nope.

You can get the caliper to bolt up to the knuckle, but the rotor is in the wrong position.

It won't work without modification, and the amount of modification needed to get it working isn't worth the effort versus buying a set of brembos specifically made for S197s.

Last edited:

stangn

Established Member
Why can't you change the hole spindle and brake assembly? Just use your old control arm and strut.

Chris4031

Established Member
I disagree. The 15 6 piston brembo works perfectly with 13/14 gt500 rotors and russell stainless lines for 11-14 brembos.

OX1

Established Member
Nope.

You can get the caliper to bolt up to the knuckle, but the rotor is in the wrong position.

It won't work without modification, and the amount of modification needed to get it working isn't worth the effort versus buying a set of brembos specifically made for S197s.

Got a set of 15 takeoffs from Shelby Auction for $288, (like $330 shipped). Not counting 15 rotors, that is about $540 in parts.
Going to try to sell 15 rotors for half what they are new. 15 rotors are a bit cheaper than 14 rotors, or about $100 each.
So I figure approx. net for calipers and pads would be $230ish. Only issue doing it this way is you still need to buy
brake lines, but I was planning SS lines anyway. Might get a couple bucks for 15 lines at some point too......

Last edited:

JDos1

Established Member
Have you done this swap yet, Chris? I can get a set for next to nothing. No spacer needed to center the rotor in the caliper?

liter of cola

Established Member
im also interested in this... i'd love to put some 6 piston 15' calipers up front of my 14' and somehow get the 4 piston brembos I got up front to work on the rear.

anyone ever put the 4 piston track pack brakes on the rear?

this would be a lot better than blowing $4k on wilwoods

Last edited:

mycroft

Established Member
I think some of you are confusing 15" rotors with the '15+ brembo caliper.

Of course a 13-14 GT500 15" front setup work fine, but the S550 6 piston brembos do not.

JDos1

Established Member
I've found a definite answer from someone who has done the swap.

IF YOU HAVE WHEELS TO CLEAR THEN:

2015 6 piston Brembo CALIPERS will work!

The install will require Russell braided stainless lines for the 11-14 cars AND 2013/14 GT500 rotors as the rotor hat offset is different on the 15 cars.

According to the person that has done the swap, that is all that is necessary, otherwise it's a straight swap.

JDos1

Established Member
Pulled the trigger on a pair, supposed to pick them up tomorrow. Will test fit them soon and hopefully installing by new years.

JDos1

Established Member
2015 6 pot Brembos WILL NOT work with 19" AMR wheels. The wheels don't clear by millimeters. They do bolt up just fine to the S197 caliper mounting location however.

JDos1

Established Member
Not sure. The AMR spokes clear just fine, the caliper rubs on the inner barrel of the wheel though.

liter of cola

Established Member
I've found a definite answer from someone who has done the swap.

IF YOU HAVE WHEELS TO CLEAR THEN:

2015 6 piston Brembo CALIPERS will work!

The install will require Russell braided stainless lines for the 11-14 cars AND 2013/14 GT500 rotors as the rotor hat offset is different on the 15 cars.

According to the person that has done the swap, that is all that is necessary, otherwise it's a straight swap.

so I can pick up 15' 6 piston brembos, Russell braided lines and a set of 13' 14' gt500 rotors and everything will just bolt right up on my 14' gt? i'd love to do this... do I need to modify anything else or buy different mounting hardware?

Last edited:

mycroft

Established Member
Seems like a whole lot of work to go through rather than just buying the M-2300-T kit that's actually made for the S197.

JDos1

Established Member
The mounting is the same. According to the guy that I've been speaking with that has done the swap, yes that is all that is needed to get the 2015 6pot Brembos to work.

My set is for sale since my AMR's don't clear. I won't have $ for new wheels for quite a while.

The guy who has done the swap was running 19" Forgestar CF5's and they cleared fine for him.

JDos1

Established Member
You can buy the M-2300-T kit for $1800 or for just $850ish you can have 6 pot Brembos.

Installing calipers, lines, and rotors....which you have to do with that kit anyway isn't very much work.

I could've just bought the FRPP 4 piston Brembo S197 upgrade kit for $1150 or for just $700 I pieced the set together and have even better components. I saved $450 with just 1 extra hour of research....and I have better components. Lots of people think it's a waste to pay more money for a lesser product.

Last edited:

liter of cola

Established Member
The mounting is the same. According to the guy that I've been speaking with that has done the swap, yes that is all that is needed to get the 2015 6pot Brembos to work.

My set is for sale since my AMR's don't clear. I won't have $ for new wheels for quite a while.

The guy who has done the swap was running 19" Forgestar CF5's and they cleared fine for him.

im pm'ing you my info I would love to buy the brakes from you.

JDos1

Established Member
dude, you do realize the M-2300-T kit is indeed the 6 pistons, 15" front rotors and the 14" rear rotors right? thats actually a solid price, Ive been eyeing it lately

http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-6piston-brake-kit-0514.html

I do, never said it wasn't. Look at the price difference. $1800 vs $850ish. I like to save money. 14" rears aren't worth $950 to me. When you can do a new take-off conversion for much less $ why pay more?

Users who are viewing this thread