15" 6 piston brembos build thread

Svtmustang01

Established Member
Its coming along. Spindles are getting tapped and calipers are getting touched up just a small bit more. Waiting on a quote for the brackets, spacers are in the mail. I am making it out of 6061 t6 which with how thick it is should not be a problem.

SlowSVT

Established Member
From the pics I see areas of improvement you may want to consider will post later. What did the machinist quote the job at?

SlowSVT

Established Member
I see places where stability of the caliper can be improved. Note the faced-off mounting surfaces on the caliper in the first photo above and all that additional surface area beyond the mounting holes not being used to resist the caliper from rotating on the mount. The caliper will have an offset axial load against those mounting points. During hard breaking the caliper will want to twist on it's mounts and will be more inclined to do so with such a small clamping surface between them not taking advantage of all the flat machined mounting surface.

Just something to consider

Svtmustang01

Established Member
The amount of surface area is equivalent with the spindle.
Got the brackets today and they fit great. Hopefully get the rotor spacer tomorrow.

20150814_193514_zpstyctrnkt.jpg

IMG_20150814_144738_zpsyhvmtvyj.jpg

Svtmustang01

Established Member
No the pedal feels pretty good. It might be a tad soft but it might need a little more bleeding. Nothing at all out of the norm. Although one thing I did notice is it comes to a stop! No more crappy brakes haha.

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
These really look good but are you concerned about adding all that rotating mass and unsprung weight with a 15" rotor. I would look into some two piece floating rotors to get rid of those heavy 15" stock rotors. Full Tilt Boogie has a 15" floating rotor weighing in at 20.9lb's compared to the stock 32.4lb's. They are not cheap but they will at least get you really close to our stock 13" rotors weighing in at around 19lb's.

PEKStang

Established Member
Here is my version for the bracket to adapt the Brembo 6 piston caliper and 15 inch rotor to the SN95.

gt500rotorbrembocaliperbracket.JPGgt500rotorbrembocaliperbracket_1.jpggt500rotorbrembocaliperbracket_3.jpggt500rotorbrembocaliperbracket_4.jpggt500rotorbrembocaliperbracket_6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread