15" 6 piston brembos build thread

SlowSVT

Established Member
15" GT500 rotors will have a lot of leverage on the calipers but those "suckahs" are heavy and will add 13 pounds of unsprung rotating mass over the stock rotors! Your set-up would look killer with a set of Wilwood 2 pc. rotors :rockon:

Svtmustang01

Established Member
The baer 6 pistons are a solid 3 grand. This setup from start to finish will cost me around 1200. The rotors are super heavy but its fun to do something different. I have cut down a little weight in the front by putting aluminum wheels on. I would like to do 2 piece rotors but man those things are pricey!

SlowSVT

Established Member
Those monoblock Brembo's are way nicer then the GT500 OE discs deserve. Your brakes are going to be "ferocious" regardless :mj: How much clearance with the rim?

Svtmustang01

Established Member
As of right now it looks like for one custom pair of brackets its going to run me $400. This is made out of 6061 t6 aluminium the 4140 vintage venom originally made it out of was going to cost upwards of $1000 which is clear out of my price range.

2003DSGMACH1

Established Member
So could you have another set of brackets made up? And would you know if a set of 18" afs cobra wheels work with the gt500 brakes?

Svtmustang01

Established Member
So could you have another set of brackets made up? And would you know if a set of 18" afs cobra wheels work with the gt500 brakes?

I need to test my set of brackets before i send them to anyone. As of right now the liability of sharing my design or selling it is really high. The way my kit is designed it will not fit behind afs cobra wheels. The way i designed my kit is use s197 wheels and the rotor spacer pushes it back to the stock position. If this same spacer was put behind afs wheels it would be sticking out the fender a lot. Also with the 15" rotor and 6 piston brembo its a very special wheel to fit over them. The inner diameter of the wheel needs a clearance of 440mm. Which a very few wheeps fit over on the market.

Svtmustang01

Established Member
Good news and bad news

Good News
The caliper brackets have been dialed in and are ready to be machined

Bad News
Sadly somehow my wheels do not have the face clearance I originally thought. I could run a spacer for the wheel but dont really want to runny two spacers. Sadly right now I dont have the funds to for two new ccws and dont see it happening for a while. I have the tons of OD clearance but not enpugh face SMH

Last edited:

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
I just bought a set of 14" 6 piston Baers for 1850 ish.... 2 piece rotors and all....

I like where you are going and hope to see the results work out for you though

Mystic03

Established Member
The baer 6 pistons are a solid 3 grand. This setup from start to finish will cost me around 1200. The rotors are super heavy but its fun to do something different. I have cut down a little weight in the front by putting aluminum wheels on. I would like to do 2 piece rotors but man those things are pricey!

1200 for the calipers and hardware...fits stock 13" rotor

Svtmustang01

Established Member
Got the calipers back today and everything fits great. Taking the spindles off to get the holes tapped and then I will be working on the brake lines.

Svtmustang01

Established Member
Starting to get close
20150729_122532_zpshzrkenem.jpg

20150729_122551_zpsu0x7hsrm.jpg

SlowSVT

Established Member
Very clever caliper adapter design.

From what I can see I think I would mill this out of alloy billet steel based on the geometry. How's the project progressing?

Users who are viewing this thread