13in or 14in brake kit

AnaheimE

I'm a Wizard!
Established Member
could you keep heat in the 14 inch brakes? I'm worried they'll get up to heat for like a second then you'll be on the accelerator and the brakes will cool off. I'm not sure you could keep the speed around the track to keep them hot.

FIRESUIT FRANK

Established Member
2004mmmach1,

I still think you are jumping the gun on a brake upgrade. I have not seen you mention that you have installed braked ducts or done any mods to the current brake system. IMO you should take the money you plan on spending on the brakes and buy more seat time. At this point if you get into a big brake kit, you are probably not ready to take them to the limit. I would look into using the money on track time, ducting, and brake fluid.

I dont think bigger is better when it comes to 13 or 14 inch rotors, the M-2300-X kit is more than enough for track duty.

2004mmmach1

On The Road Course
Established Member
I have 3in brake ducts and motul brake fuild. I have ordered and just installed brembo plain rotors and hawk pads from tire rack. I have desided to spend money on track time which will be more important so i can become a better driver. But i did need new tires so i just bought black 03 cobra wheels so in the future i can fit the bigger caliper.Thank for all the help.

FIRESUIT FRANK

Established Member
I think you made the right choice, besides, what would you say if you did this upgrade and someone with more track time and less brakes was passing you...

I tell all my newbie students when they ask "what should I do to the car next?"
Buy it more track time.....

Users who are viewing this thread