'13 RAM 3500 - BMF 20x10s

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
I'm also curious if the new design or better shocks helped! I have a 2011 2500 4x4 and it's a real rough ride. Your Truck looks Awesome! Nicely pimped out! I wanted black but ended up with the rugged brown :beer: love the Ram box also..:rockon:

Here's my Daily driver. 35" 12.5 Nitto trail grapplers, 20-9 fuel hostage wheels, 2 1/2" hell bent steel leveling kit, A1 H11's Head stud, H&S mini tuner, intake horn, boost tube, grid heater delete, EGR delete, Diamond eye 5" exhaust. :burnout:

59d86098.jpg
[/IMG]

You would be amazed at the rude quality of a real leveling kit. I ran a hell bent steel 2.5 spacer on my 2006 cummins and then stepped it up to a Kore Leveling kit with a bunch of Carli front end parts and it was nite and day....but I realize $1000 bucks for a leveling kit can be pricey.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Looks good, My dad has an '11 and compared to my 7.3, it'll get up and GO! I love driving that truck.

MTBSully

Established Member
gorgeous truck. Wish I could swing a tow rig like that. Maybe in a couple of years. Looking for an 05-07 6.0 at the moment

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
OP... What made you pick those running boards over AMPs? Better price?

I actually found these used and bought off of a guy for I believe $250. They were locked up with Mud and wouldn't work. I took the gear boxes all apart, cleaned everything really well and put it all back together and they work fine.

I found out when reading about these that the Best Top Steps and Amps were actually the same product until recently..

Best Top is actually a Magna company and I believe they built the steps for AMP but I'm not sure about now. They're virtually the same product..

BigDan

Established Member
Nice truck !

Damn nice truck ram box and a 6spd killer.

You're right the 6 speed manual is a KILLER......As its severely nurtured due to making almost 200tq LESS and 35hp LESS then the automatic. 360/660 vs 385/850 and why do you think its rated that way???? Hint-Hint their stock manual wont survive very long at those power levels and would be a warranty nightmare.

Power loss aside it also takes a whole lot longer to accelerate when trying to row the gears with a HD manual (think big rig and loosing all your boost between every shift and having to re-build it while pulling up a steep grade) vs these slick modern day automatics which can spool up while stopped in 4wd (boosted launches) and hold up to the additional power that these trucks are capable of like 500hp+ unlike the stock G-56 Manual found in the newer Ram's which cant even handle some tuners on a mild setting before slipping or loosing 4th gear.

I'm not hating as I'm on my 2nd 6 speed manual Cummins Powered Ram named SlowSixSpeed and just felt the need to point out some of their disadvantages. Mine is making 475-500whp and its still slower then a bone stock one from just about any year. There's a reason why you dont see manuals competing at The Diesel Power Challenge anymore. I like my manual because it keeps me out of trouble (have/had a heavy foot and like to speed but now I can only do that on the highway once I'm in top gear and I use to like to do 20psi 4wd boosted launches at the track or when leaving green lights against anyone (Vette's, Vipers, Mustang's, Camaro's, lowered street trucks) whoever wanted it, you name it got killed especially when the roads were damp. Now since switching back to my SlowSixSpeed I drive a lot more responsible and can still get some of that feeling if I leave it in a lower gear when driving under overpasses and tunnels and blurp the throttle at it raspy rpm spot as my truck has a lot more bark then bite then my past one that had a built auto.

Again I'm not here to Hate on you in the least bit as you have a really nice truck.....I'm just breaking down the whole auto vs less powerful manual comparison. I can always post a pic of my truck just to show you how much I care about it and work done to it.

Last edited:

TakeAwayTheFear

Stabbing the Drama
Established Member
I never really wanted a truck, but now that I drive a freightliner every day im getting used to the large interior. .... I may need yo get one in a couple yrs

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
Nice truck !

You're right the 6 speed manual is a KILLER......As its severely nurtured due to making almost 200tq LESS and 35hp LESS then the automatic. 360/660 vs 385/850 and why do you think its rated that way???? Hint-Hint their stock manual wont survive very long at those power levels and would be a warranty nightmare.

Power loss aside it also takes a whole lot longer to accelerate when trying to row the gears with a HD manual (think big rig and loosing all your boost between every shift and having to re-build it while pulling up a steep grade) vs these slick modern day automatics which can spool up while stopped in 4wd (boosted launches) and hold up to the additional power that these trucks are capable of like 500hp+ unlike the stock G-56 Manual found in the newer Ram's which cant even handle some tuners on a mild setting before slipping or loosing 4th gear.

I'm not hating as I'm on my 2nd 6 speed manual Cummins Powered Ram named SlowSixSpeed and just felt the need to point out some of their disadvantages. Mine is making 475-500whp and its still slower then a bone stock one from just about any year. There's a reason why you dont see manuals competing at The Diesel Power Challenge anymore. I like my manual because it keeps me out of trouble (have/had a heavy foot and like to speed but now I can only do that on the highway once I'm in top gear and I use to like to do 20psi 4wd boosted launches at the track or when leaving green lights against anyone (Vette's, Vipers, Mustang's, Camaro's, lowered street trucks) whoever wanted it, you name it got killed especially when the roads were damp. Now since switching back to my SlowSixSpeed I drive a lot more responsible and can still get some of that feeling if I leave it in a lower gear when driving under overpasses and tunnels and blurp the throttle at it raspy rpm spot as my truck has a lot more bark then bite then my past one that had a built auto.

Again I'm not here to Hate on you in the least bit as you have a really nice truck.....I'm just breaking down the whole auto vs less powerful manual comparison. I can always post a pic of my truck just to show you how much I care about it and work done to it.

You make some good points and I agree with most of them. I was really on the verge of buying an Aisin HO truck, but just wasn't sure about it. Based on the specs it should be a great transmission…

I'm not sure the detuning has as much to do with the transmission as it does the clutch's abilities. I had an 07 2500 with a G56 and ran a Southbend street twin disk. This truck made quite a bit of power and the transmission was never an issue -- I didn't speed shift it or do ridiculousness either, however..

I can say that the G56 case is not nearly as strong as the older NV5600 due to it being aluminum. I would put the NV5600 up against any auto in regards to sheer power handling capabilities.

I like the straight shift and will probably continue to buy them as long as Ram sells them.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I need to get a little seat time in a 13 Ram. The Aisin tranny is a good piece that's been holding up in the work trucks for years.

white99stang

Established Member
Those wheels are nice, had them on my 06 mega cab. Just watch the coating on them, mine actually started to get rust looking speckles on them less than a year after getting them. They looks really good on the newer rams too.

IMG_0017.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread