"13 GT500 vs ZL1 Track Test Inside Line

BOD89LX

Established Member
That's the No lift shift feature on the ZL1

....and the drag race runs, the driver was bouncing into the rev limiter on the ZL1.
It's clearly audable, but the GT500 still would've won that test anyways.

Should be interesting as more test are done.

SIRLOIN

Established Member
I seriously laughed out loud when i heard that ZL1 going down the strip. Someone else said it best, sounds like it has a wet diaper on the exhaust tips...:loser:

So it's no contest in the handling department huh?...:rollseyes He sure didn't seem to say the Shelby was "quicker" in such a decisive manner. In fact, although he credited the Shelby for being faster "as expected", he then went on to kinda rag on it by saying it was harder to shift and launch...

Seems to me like he drank some of that Kool-aide everyone else is drinking. Either that or he just has a boner for the Z... Either way it sure seemed to me, atleast IMO anyways, that he favored and/or was a little biased towards the Z...

I'm sure the ZL1 nut swingers will pounce on this d-bags gay ass review to forward their agenda that the ZL1 is the better "all around" car, and this is definitive proof that the ZL1 will destroy the Shelby on a roadcourse...:rollseyes

I seriously wish someone would put these two cars up against each other on a road course already! Enough of these lame as figure 8's and slalom crap we keep seeing. All it's doing is furthering the bench racing scenario's even more.

LETS GET IT ON ALREADY!!!

Furthermore, it's comments like this, from dudes like that, that will be the end all be all of reviews. Even if the Shelby beats the Z at everything, some mag dude will say, "the Z was easier to drive" therefore it's an automatic win for the ZL1...:dw:

BOD89LX

Established Member
Well that seemed about right that the ZL1 handles better. If I wanted a car that, was king of the road course I would buy a ZO6 or a Ford GT not a muscle car!! Like others said you are not going to get called out to a skid pad race or a few laps around a road course. I am ok with the ZL1 being a better handling car.

BlackOutUT

Established Member
"The ZL1 has got it completely covered in the handling test, its no contest"

haha what does that even mean? No contest? those "handling" numbers looked pretty dang close to me.

Cool to see the two in action, but what a shitty review lol.

Take those puppies to a road course! I really want to see what happens

hognutz

Established Member
was that a PP shelby? didn't see them say either way.

I like the fact the got the braking dialed on the shelby and the accelration is pretty good to seeing magazine people cut 11's in refreshing. The reality of the GT500 blowing ZL1 out of the water on handling might not be a reality though.

I would rather see lap times though as the GT500 is going to make up time on the straits for sure. Seems like the ZL1 will carry more speed through the corners. braking looks almost even.

From my perspective being niether ford nor chevy just liking cars test more like this one have been what I was waiting see. I want the best handling car. power is easy to add good road manners with high grip is a tricky to do. Some one will post it is not because they just like ford but I was constanly tweaking my last mustang supentson to find the balance bettween grip and not losening the fillings in my teeth over bad pavement.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
was that a PP shelby? didn't see them say either way.

I like the fact the got the braking dialed on the shelby and the accelration is pretty good to seeing magazine people cut 11's in refreshing. The reality of the GT500 blowing ZL1 out of the water on handling might not be a reality though.

I would rather see lap times though as the GT500 is going to make up time on the straits for sure. Seems like the ZL1 will carry more speed through the corners. braking looks almost even.

From my perspective being niether ford nor chevy just liking cars test more like this one have been what I was waiting see. I want the best handling car. power is easy to add good road manners with high grip is a tricky to do. Some one will post it is not because they just like ford but I was constanly tweaking my last mustang supentson to find the balance bettween grip and not losening the fillings in my teeth over bad pavement.

It had the PP wheels on it.

I don't know why you guys are ragging on his driving. [email protected] is right in line with what most other people are getting out of the GT500. .5/8mph is an ass whoopin. I'm actually impressed with the handling numbers. Just goes to show how badass that MR suspension is considering the ZL1 is way down on power and is heavier. Just imagine the GT500 with that set up.

h34d

Back In The Saddle
Established Member
It had the PP wheels on it.

I don't know why you guys are ragging on his driving. [email protected] is right in line with what most other people are getting out of the GT500. .5/8mph is an ass whoopin. I'm actually impressed with the handling numbers. Just goes to show how badass that MR suspension is considering the ZL1 is way down on power and is heavier. Just imagine the GT500 with that set up.

All valid points. Personal preference really. Given the choice, I'll take the best power with second place cornering suspension. But as you said, .5/8mph is an ass whooping. Now how drastic is .05 Gs on the skid-pad and 1.7mph in the slalom? Honest questions...

Last edited:

jonesd

Established Member
I dont think anyone ever doubted the zl1 in handling. The whole problem with the car is buying it in the first place for a track/handling car unless you are trying to be a 1 lap hero.

If ford touted the gt500 as some track god i wouldnt buy it either for the track, im not biased. The formula chevy used just doesnt make a good track car, period.

SVTeveN

SVT
Established Member
Reading some of these comments, made me lol. So much hate for a car that is actually a great performer. Drive one without being biased and you'll know why. Obviously with 662 vs 580, You better win a drag race, but lets be honest it's the same nose heavy SRA car.

Numbers don't tell the whole story, If they said it's "no contest" they don't mean numbers, They mean the cars handling just feels that much better it's a no contest. Some of you guys are delusional. The new gt500 is beast, but comon guys lay off the kool aid please.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Reading some of these comments, made me lol. So much hate for a car that is actually a great performer. Drive one without being biased and you'll know why. Obviously with 662 vs 580, You better win a drag race, but lets be honest it's the same nose heavy SRA car.

Numbers don't tell the whole story, If they said it's "no contest" they don't mean numbers, They mean the cars handling just feels that much better it's a no contest. Some of you guys are delusional. The new gt500 is beast, but comon guys lay off the kool aid please.

The only delusional one here is you, since you are trying to claim that people here are taking shots at the car. GM is the problem, people like you are the problem. We know the zl1 is a great all around performer, but it does NOT deliver on the promises made by Al.O and his "simulations". You are obviously here trying to spread that C5 filth of "lies, conjecture, non-factual" BS and trying to put words in peoples mouths. If only we could ban people for stupidity...but then again we would be like nazi-5. So stay...continue to look like a moron, its your right to do so.....

bus-1.gif

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
That ugly 116 mph trap speed for the ZL1 rears its head again. That seems to be the norm from all the tests and data I've seen.

I figured the ZL1 would have a slight edge in the slalom or figure 8 with its magic suspension; however, it will be REALLY CLOSE on a road course given the GT500s massive power and weight advantage.

I'll still take the Ford thanks!

01LightningGal

Gloria
Established Member
Why did they not take the cars on an actual road course??

I rarely race around in small circles.

Will nobody do this?? Good grief already.

SVTeveN

SVT
Established Member
The only delusional one here is you, since you are trying to claim that people here are taking shots at the car. GM is the problem, people like you are the problem. We know the zl1 is a great all around performer, but it does NOT deliver on the promises made by Al.O and his "simulations". You are obviously here trying to spread that C5 filth of "lies, conjecture, non-factual" BS and trying to put words in peoples mouths. If only we could ban people for stupidity...but then again we would be like nazi-5. So stay...continue to look like a moron, its your right to do so.....

bus-1.gif

Yeah that's right rile up all your clansmen to join your side. You're pathetic, no one else just you. I can't blame you though, You simply don't know any better. You've driven crap all your life and are just brain washed into thinking a certain way. :pop:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Yeah that's right rile up all your clansmen to join your side. You're pathetic, no one else just you. I can't blame you though, You simply don't know any better. You've driven crap all your life and are just brain washed into thinking a certain way. :pop:

oh no, please dont hurt my feelings! y u so mean?????

f12ac761556df27a069dcb7c8896d57c.jpg

USV8PWR

Established Member
I've had several Camaros over the years (no fifth gens). However, from the V6 to the ZL1, not sure why anyone would choose a Camaro over the new Mustang. Ford has simply made one amazing car out of the Mustang. Like others have said on here, I'll take the power of the Shelby GT500 over the handling of the ZL1. And if you really know how to throttle drive a rear wheel drive car in the turns, you can cut down the handling advantage of another vehicle.

bpmurr

Established Member
I'm more curious why a 2011 GT500 with the SVTPP could do over 1G on the skid pad but the 2013 can't. What's up with that?

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
To be completely honest I think on a short technical track the zl1 will do very well against the GT500, on a longer track with straights and high speed turns, I think the GT500 will edge it out. However it really is a matter of which car will heat soak first, which based on tests will be the zl1(the H/E is uber small). These cars are meant for the strip and street driving, the marketing team at GM is ridiculous to say the least ( saying the zl1 is a track car). Im curious how well the 1LE ( a more fitting model of being a track car) will hold up against the Boss302.

It is a great time to be a muscle car fan, modern cars, with tons of power and plenty of modern goodies. The choice as to which car to own is entirely up to the owners....for me its the Mustang. Just not a fan of the 5th gen.

P.S. I see you up there troll.....you are not going to scare or offend anyone here with your bull. Trying to act like a alpha male over the internet only shows how immature and pathetic you are. If you want respect, contribute something worthwhile. If you disagree then do so in an intelligent manner and your opinion will be respected. However when you come here acting like a badass, or a know it all who really knows nothing, you are looked upon as a morn and a troll. I dont claim to know it all, i state my opinion, if im wrong I accept it, learn from it and move on. perhaps you should do the same oh mighty alpha male....:lol1:

h34d

Back In The Saddle
Established Member
Look whos the troll with pictures. I bet you're a real shy beta male in real life. Carry on though. Your antics are funny to your peers.

:lol1:

Just so I'm clear, I'm not laughing at him. I'm laughing at you TROLLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Users who are viewing this thread