"13 GT500 vs ZL1 Track Test Inside Line

bull3441

Established Member
CRAP....the computer I'm on today is facing right at the Boss's window. Why don't he go goof off somewhere like always so I can watch the video.
I will sum it up for you. GT500 in a straight line and the ZL1 in handling.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
they need to run them on a actual roadcourse....although with all the talk of the magnetic ride, it does not blow the GT500 out of the water. The shelby is way faster in straight line speed where most of the encounters will take place. That test was a small sample. They did not even get the best times out of both cars. ( they are known to be slower drivers anyway-insideline)

I think we all expect the zl1 to more than hold its own handling wise, MRC, but I dont know, I still think the GT500 will win on a road course ( or most higher speed ones)

Last edited:

White608

Go faster
Established Member
That was ok, I was expecting more tests like some track time.

They say the ZL1 handles better .. On the track could the 500 beat it since it would be much faster on the straights and out of corners ?

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I wouldn't say that, skidpad numbers only tell a very small part of the story. Trapping 8mph more tells another

Last edited:

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
GT500 wins in the salom....should not the ZL1 win that ? Hmm me-thinks it may not win on a road course.
Edit :OOps misread it. But I will say that the difference in the Salom is not great enough to give it a automatic win on a road track.

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I'd still take the GT500 on the road course, SRA and all.
Gotta remember the GT500 weighs less and has better cooling, the camaro after a couple laps of lugging that weight around is no good!

FNBADAZ06

Established Member
....and the drag race runs, the driver was bouncing into the rev limiter on the ZL1.
It's clearly audable, but the GT500 still would've won that test anyways.

Should be interesting as more test are done.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I noticed that in BOTH runs, the 0-60 launches looked/sounded much cleaner than their quarter mile launches.

blacknlte

Established Member
Ok lets face it, its not like your gonna call out a zl1 to a skid pad or slalom race.... Its gonna be a drag race!! 1/4 times and hp-trq are they only stats that matter!! End of story.

Boss3o2

Established Member
They post no track times? Just the same old skinney nerd, with no data. We already know the GT500 is the better accelerator, with its 100 HP advantage.

Hopefully Motor Trend, with make a real comparison vid.

Neos281

Speedlab
Established Member
Both cars looked great on the course although the Shelby needs a tire upgrade! Probably would've made the difference in both the slalom and road-holding test.

Users who are viewing this thread