13/14 Shelby vs 16/17 Hellcat

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Hellcat Charger for me. Don't care if it's not a manual. The 8HP90 is amazing. I loved the 8 sped in my Grand Cherokee. I'm picking up a Hellcat Charger in less than a month, when I'm home stateside again.
I saw one on the road this morning coming home from my truck's oil change/oil filter/air filter change. Car is one sexy beast for sure! 2nd one I'd seen in person.
So nice. Killer looks and killer performance. Win-win.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
my good friend DDs an LS3 vette with a manual. the trans is as smooth as silk. he said no way would he buy an auto.
with his new job he sits in traffic, a lot. about 50 mile commute each way. he's looking to get a new GS or Z. he said he's tired of the manual now and may go auto lol.

Stop and go traffic will convert the most die hard of manual transmission fans over to auto, lol. I'm a huge manual trans fan but will take an auto as well.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Stop and go traffic will convert the most die hard of manual transmission fans over to auto, lol. I'm a huge manual trans fan but will take an auto as well.

that's why i think DSG would be awesome. best of both worlds. manual for track days and auto for bumper to bumper days.

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
Who the **** wants to sit in traffic in a auto Hellcat anyways, that's what a dd beater is for

281CJ

Established Member
Spent years in DC and NJ turnpike traffic for work in my 5spd Mach1. Never regret it.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Spent years in DC and NJ turnpike traffic for work in my 5spd Mach1. Never regret it.

Yeah, I used to say the same thing about not minding using a stick for stop and go traffic. Then I started DD'ing an auto in stop and go traffic and realized what was missing in my life, ha. ;)

But seriously, I think it's something that comes with age.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Honestly between the two, I'd be happy with a GT500. I would be one of those guys that takes it to a road course too. Yea it wouldn't do as good as a c6z, but it gets the job done.

savant

Death Dealer
Established Member
that's why i think DSG would be awesome. best of both worlds. manual for track days and auto for bumper to bumper days.
Was just talking to a buddy yesterday about this. The GT350 would have been amazing with a dsg.

Users who are viewing this thread