118 in 60

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Wings65288 said:
i don't think hes going to jail lol, after all he wasn't even going twice the speed limit...

Actually, in California anytime you exceed one hundred miles per hour you can be arrested. One of only a handful of CVC sections that carry such a penalty.

Doesn't matter if you are in a 45 mph zone or on the freeway in a posted 70 mph zone, citing section and penalty are the same.

it's at the officers discretion, however you can be arrested and your vehicle impounded.

Cobrajunkie

Established Member
Originally Posted by Hye06
"what made you pull over if you were doing double the speedlimit just outa curiosity? any chance you could of out-ran? (not saying its the right choice)"
Because maybe that is a federal offense?

TheOne™

Established Member
Hye06 said:
what made you pull over if you were doing double the speedlimit just outa curiosity? any chance you could of out-ran? (not saying its the right choice)

cause he prolly ain't that stupid.

its not good to out-run the police.......cause they'll call the heli's.....and sure you can't outrun those + most of the time not only would you have to pay the fine.......but also the shop that might try to fix the car cause of bein rolled over or hit by the cops tryin to stop you.

Lawman

Established Member
bglf83 said:
i got clocked at 118 in a 60 any recomendations?

brandon
I would have arrested you! Get a lawyer and pray that he knows the Judge well enough to get the fine reduced. Otherwise, bring a pocket full of money when you go to court. :-D :D

cabettne

Established Member
The DBK said:
And to you guys bemoaning the dudes actions, puhleeze. Anybody here claiming that he hasn't gone 118 is lying, and he didn't say he was weaving in and out of a preschooler marathon... :rolleyes:
Exactly. I even got my '88 Reliant K up to that.

cabettne

Established Member
Lawman85 said:
I have actually done 125mph... chasing someone who was doing 135mph...
Well, yeah, I was above 118 too...I was just saying that I had gone at least that fast as well. My best friend was pacing me in his parents' minivan and we finally slowed down b/c his van was starting to shake. Ahh....high school. We were crazy.

drdome99

I'm here for the vids
Established Member
Move to D.C. That will solve your problem (this will be my canned answer from here on out because it works).

Yea move to D.C so you can get these: :mj: :fm: Speeding cameras: making lazy cops even lazier.

100_0053.jpg

MTI LS1

In TX, it wont be nearly as bad as most of these people are saying. If the guy didnt arrest you, then you will be hit with the biggest speeding violation or POSSIBLY wreckless driving. I say, save yourself the money and pain from dealing with a lawyer and just deal with it. Besides, at 25 over they have the right to arrest you which I have NEVER heard of anyone that this has happened too. Youll be fine.

MTI LS1

drdome99 said:
Yea move to D.C so you can get these: :mj: :fm: Speeding cameras: making lazy cops even lazier.

100_0053.jpg

OMFG, they seriously have that? I would be PISSED. That is seriously the most absurd thing that I have ever seen.

03CobraBro

Established Member
kneedragger said:
In a Dakota? My 2000 5.9 Dakota was limited to 90mph. Did you remove the limiter?

Your 2000 Dakota R/T was limited to 115mph, unless you bought it used and someone F'ed it up :p.

03CobraBro

Established Member
I got clocked @ 116mph in a 65 (in the R/T Ironically). It was a sunny day nice clear 2 lanes in front of me so I figured what the hay. Z28 Cop zoomed up after I had got out of it and pulled me over (needless to say I guess). Anywho he asked me why I was going so quick and I told him I would be honest and laid it out that I was testing a new PCM I just had flashed and installed. He went back to his car, came back up to the window and said well since you leveled with me I'll just put you down for 80mph but just take it easy from here on out. I said ok, being thankful I wasnt going to jail, and that was pretty much the end of it. Just depends on the officer I guess.

Last edited:

cwaters1184

Established Member
drdome99 said:

100_0053.jpg

i cant recall where i saw it but it was am acrticle with a guy who got one of those photo speeding tickets, so he took a picture of himself flicking off the camera and sent it to the police statoin, and the police station sent him back a pictiure of a guy behind bars. it was pretty funny. dont know if anyone else remembers seeing it.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
The other "story" goes, the guy sent in a copy of the fine with a picture of the money and they sent back a picture of handcuffs.

Users who are viewing this thread