118 in 60

svt_racing

Established Member
bglf83 said:
yes my L is DSG, here in Texas they are gonna make me do some community service and crap an pay a nice fine and i will be ok. The officer told me that he was doing me a favor by not arresting me. I was on the winters freeway on my way home from work.

brandon

You work at curcuit city right???, Don't know ya, just see it parked there. Yep, I got mine on the winters freway too I my way home from work, prob the same cop. We need to meet up some time, there's only a few L's here in town and one of them is leaving in a week and I only know one other guy with one, he has a red 02.

bglf83

Established Member
svt are you military? yeah it was probably the same cop, when i was driving home tonight i saw him sitting in the same place. As far as meeting somewhere, thats cool just name a time and place.

brandon

svt_racing

Established Member
Yeah, I'm military...hmm, was he at a fina by those shitty apts like haystack and fairmont-freemont what ever its called. That would trip me out if it was the same cop busting two Ls in the same week...in Abilene at that. So is your L modded at all? Yeah I have to work today...like in a hour but yeah I'd like to check out your L sometime. Every now and then a few of my buddies and will go to N.1st (every now and then!!) just to just to check out others rides or go to my buddies house to chill, I'm trying to get a good group of car guys together and shit...my # is 518-7622, hit me up some time...

bglf83

Established Member
hey i will give you a call in a few days i have alot of work and school going on right now. The officer's name was Jeff, he came into Circuit City the other day and talked to me for a while. He was a cool guy.

brandon

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Dude, you need to get a good lawyer. 118 in a 60 is bad, but I bet you can get it dropped down pretty big with the right attitude and a decent defender. I've seen worse.

And to you guys bemoaning the dudes actions, puhleeze. Anybody here claiming that he hasn't gone 118 is lying, and he didn't say he was weaving in and out of a preschooler marathon... :rolleyes:

bglf83

Established Member
the officer told me that he did not take me to jail because there was no traffice on the road. I believe the court is going to allow differed judification (spelling) but i will have to do some community service. anyway, I admit i was in the wrong and take full responsability for my actions.

brandon

Machinator

Banned
Some pretty good advice has been given here, for your sake I would not take lawman85's advice cause if you admit your wrongs all they will do is fry you more they dont care about honesty. Just get a good lawyer and hope for the best.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
bglf83 said:
i got clocked at 118 in a 60 any recomendations?

brandon

The lawyer route is your best bet. I've had some serious racing offenses reduced to things like driving with improper equipment. I payed out the ass for a lawyer and a small fine compared to car impounding, losing driving priveldges and the insurance hikes. Plus it's fun seeing the cops face when the lawyer and the DA set up tomorrows lunch in the hallway... :poke:

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
I don't know why the officer would be upset by the fact a violator's attorney struck a deal with the prosecutor.

1) He is on overtime pay while taking it easy in court

2) The citation still stands as an example of work product for future peformance evaluations

3) The prosecutor still shows the deal as a conviction which helps keep his conviction rate high and the violator will still pay administrative costs

4) Hopefully both have created a situation the violator will try and avoid through compliance in the future

5) They are both smiling over the fact the violator just laid out a truck-load of money

Keep in mind YOU are paying for that lunch date made in the hallway, so if anyone should be upset.....it should be you.

ROADWARRIORSVT

Established Member
mswaim said:
Keep in mind YOU are paying for that lunch date made in the hallway, so if anyone should be upset.....it should be you.
:thumbsup: :pepper: :rolling: Oh so right. No matter what deal is made, charge reduced, etc. , the violator pays out the @$$ for the attorney. The Ofc. will probably be there, earning time and a half. It's just a WIN/WIN situation. Hopefully the violator will alter his/her driving habits for the better. :beer:

Machinator

Banned
mswaim said:
I don't know why the officer would be upset by the fact a violator's attorney struck a deal with the prosecutor.

1) He is on overtime pay while taking it easy in court

2) The citation still stands as an example of work product for future peformance evaluations

3) The prosecutor still shows the deal as a conviction which helps keep his conviction rate high and the violator will still pay administrative costs

4) Hopefully both have created a situation the violator will try and avoid through compliance in the future

5) They are both smiling over the fact the violator just laid out a truck-load of money

Wow what can I say, this came from the proverbial horses mouth. He admits that we pay out the wazoo for our infractions

Last edited:

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
mswaim said:

Yup, I normally make more money on the bet to race. Lawyer 450 dollars, fine 150, bet 700 plus dollars;
...the look on the lawsman's face...priceless.

I get two freebies a year here in NC.

It's expensive, it's unsafe, it's illegal but it's also fun. I'd rather pay for that lunch than receive the full citation penalty enforced. Money well spent for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Machinator said:
Wow what can I say, this came from the proverbial horses mouth. He admits that we pay out the wazoo for our infractions

Who can argue the age-old antage that you really do have to pay to play. Every participant has a role to play and I think everyone should take pride in their work product.

If you are feeling lucky, then 118 in a 60 zone is a great way to spin the wheel or toss the dice, but keep in mind if you lose, don't complain. The officer is just doing his job, as will the lawyer, the judge and all the others that will maintain job security through your actions.

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
DaleM said:
Yup, I normally make more money on the bet to race. Lawyer 450 dollars, fine 150, bet 700 plus dollars;
...the look on the lawsman's face...priceless.

I get two freebies a year here in NC.

It's expensive, it's unsafe, it's illegal but it's also fun. I'd rather pay for that lunch than receive the full citation penalty enforced. Money well spent for me.

Ah, but just imagine the look on the officers face the one time a tire blows, a deer wanders in front of you or another car cuts you off with no time to stop and he gets the job of telling your family about the last few moments of your life.

Or better yet some kid wanders into your path at 118 miles per hour. He will really enjoy talking to that kids parents and alsl the satisfaction of booking you for vehicular manslaughter.

yep, it's unsafe, illegal and it's fun, for you at least. But just imagine the feeling the officer will have when his day finally comes - and all the while he is not laying out a dime, in fact your tickets and the overtime they generate are helping him with that new car he wants, nice vacation, etc.

I say keep on breaking the law, it's fun for you and profitable for all other parties involved.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
mswaim said:
Ah, but just imagine the look on the officers face the one time a tire blows, a deer wanders in front of you or another car cuts you off with no time to stop and he gets the job of telling your family about the last few moments of your life.
QUOTE]
Life is about choices and chances. You can't do much about the chances..a deer has ended many a no racers life. Many a kid run out at midnight to 2am in the morning...not impossible just not probable, I make my choices and deal with the consequences without much of a snivel. See i support our local law enforcement by paying my fines and donate to the FOP when they do their annual fallen officer drives. As long as they keep voting the unions down I like 'em!

Users who are viewing this thread