'11 V6 Mustang vs '03 2V Mustang GT

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I don't see why you guys keep seeing the V6 as a compromise? It is a fantastic, race proven engine. The basic architecture is used in the Aston Martin V12, which has WON at LeMans. The technology and engineering is very good.

Sounds pretty sexy too:

YouTube- Exclusive look at the 2011 Ford Mustang V6!

Good point, many of these super cars with v12s and flat and v10s have firing orders that make them sound like 6 and 5 cylinder cars.

I think this new V6 sounds great!:rockon:

Rock777

Established Member
I don't see why you guys keep seeing the V6 as a compromise? It is a fantastic, race proven engine. The basic architecture is used in the Aston Martin V12, which has WON at LeMans. The technology and engineering is very good.

Sounds pretty sexy too:

YouTube- Exclusive look at the 2011 Ford Mustang V6!

Just speaking for myself, but I don't necessarily see it as a compromise, but no matter what I just can't call it a "muscle car" like I would consider most V8 Mustangs (with exceptions of the 70's, lol). Call me old school or whatever, but a V6 being a muscle car just doesn't taste right.

Not saying I wouldn't drive one, own one, or like ones other people drive alot, cause they amaze me with the versatility and power they produce.

I guess to me it's like a salad. I like salad alot and eat them all the time, you can even add meat or anything else you want to add to it to be more filling, nothing wrong with it at all. But it's never going to fill me up like a steak, chicken, pasta, etc. would.

ds98formula

Slowest car on the net
Established Member
Just when you think the 2v mustangs was about as slow as it can be then a V6 mustang comes along and beats it and makes it even slower

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Just speaking for myself, but I don't necessarily see it as a compromise, but no matter what I just can't call it a "muscle car" like I would consider most V8 Mustangs (with exceptions of the 70's, lol). .

Mustangs are not muscle cars
:idea::read:

Rock777

Established Member
Mustangs are not muscle cars
:idea::read:

My bad, I didn't realize you were the creator of the term, which appears
to be open to subjectivity.

(quick search from dictionary.com)
–noun
a flashy sports car with a large, powerful engine; a hot rod

I understand that when speaking of specific eras, muscle cars are typically those of the late 60's into very early 70's, but I was speaking of the general definition of one. Either way, I think I made my point. :poke:

Users who are viewing this thread