'11 V6 Mustang vs '03 2V Mustang GT

WNRacing

Established Member
It'll be interesting for sure once they really start modding them, but as it stands my bolt-on GT still has her whooped. What did the GT run? That was a pretty sad 1/8 considering that I was running 8.5x's last year before headers & K-member.. Bottle is next and I'll have no worries. lol :rockon:

CoreyHM1

Established Member
I'd like to run one, i run ~8.6s on street tires that will not hook.

On a side note, anyone want to give me a blower to make me feel better? :(

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
same here.. cam/longtube ls1's are a dime a dozen in my area. Only 2 or 3 that I know of have ran 12's. 90% go 13.0-13.1. The MPH well, but never set the car up to hook, or bitch about having a weak rear end.

id be pissed to run low 13's with 400rwhp. lol

Exactly. All of them around here got the power but can't throw it down. Personally I can't stand playing catchup. Whatever I guess.

So you would own a slower V8?

Not me. I think the V6 is one of the best buys out there. What else can you purchase that will accelerate, stop, corner, and pass as many fuel stations as that car does for the money?

A performance enthusiast shouldn't base their likings solely on the exhaust note out back. That's a bit redneck if you ask me. It's not 1985 anymore.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I would personally. Would you own an older 289 Mustang? There are faster Mustangs out there. SVO? 289 isn't the fastest car in the Mustang stable, but I'd rock it over a faster V-6 or SVO. It's not always about speed in my book. As time goes on, technology makes the smaller motors more powerful, but it doesn't take away from what the V8 car is. I still like the new sixes though! I just wouldn't be embarrassed to have a slower V8 personally.

+1 Well said.

spike_africa

Established Member
Stock for stock we are screwed. They trap higher so its a drivers race. They don't have the bottom end of the 2v though so we can use that to help us.

jarryd2018

Established Member
do I even want to watch this video? I would be highly disappointed if I got beat by a v6. Hence why I'm building a 5.4 DOHC so I'll be able to handle the new GTs.

Rock777

Established Member
A performance enthusiast shouldn't base their likings solely on the exhaust note out back. That's a bit redneck if you ask me. It's not 1985 anymore.

Whether they "should" or "shouldn't" is a matter of opinion. However, I think having a healthy, throaty, distintive "V-8 sound" is as big of a factor in the reason I love THESE cars as the mere power alone, or right up there with it anyways. It's just been a part of it all since the beginning of muscle cars. It's like the electric guitar is to a rock band...

Having said that, I do think the new V-6s are quite impressive and seemingly the best of both worlds, performance and efficiency. And I'm not saying there aren't plenty of fast, super nice cars out there that obviously aren't V-8's. It's just the name Mustang puts a certain expectation in my head that can't be fulfilled with a V-6. I don't think it's redneck, it's just tradition. :beer:

Last edited:

jason2004gt

Established Member
I just got a 2011 Grabber Blue automatic v6. I love this car. It's smooth, comfortable, has great gas mileage and does have nice acceleration. I'm very happy with this car.

-J

Last edited:

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
I don't see why you guys keep seeing the V6 as a compromise? It is a fantastic, race proven engine. The basic architecture is used in the Aston Martin V12, which has WON at LeMans. The technology and engineering is very good.

Sounds pretty sexy too:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZdHxu_NCBI"]YouTube- Exclusive look at the 2011 Ford Mustang V6![/nomedia]

Users who are viewing this thread